On-line engine blitz tourney July

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

hgm
Full name: H G Muller

On-line engine blitz tourney July

Post by hgm »

The monthly on-line engine blitz tourney for July will take place on:

Saturday July 25, 3pm Boston time (21:00 Amsterdam time)

To connect:

winboard -zp -ics -icshost winboard.nl -icshelper timeseal -fcp ENGINE.exe -fd ENGINEFOLDER -autoKibitz

(for UCI engines, add -fUCI)
matthewlai

Re: On-line engine blitz tourney July

Post by matthewlai »

hgm wrote:The monthly on-line engine blitz tourney for July will take place on:

To connect:

winboard -zp -ics -icshost winboard.nl -icshelper timeseal -fcp ENGINE.exe -fd ENGINEFOLDER -autoKibitz

I would like to join for the first time. I am assuming xboard works as well? I don't have access to a Windows machine.

Do I need to register or anything?

Thanks
Disclosure: I work for DeepMind on the AlphaZero project, but everything I say here is personal opinion and does not reflect the views of DeepMind / Alphabet.
hgm

Post by hgm »

Sure, XBoard should work exactly the same.
op12no2
Full name: Colin Jenkins

Post by op12no2 »

I really look forward to these competitions but will have to miss this one :( Have fun everybody.
stegemma
Full name: Stefano Gemma

Post by stegemma »

hgm wrote:The monthly on-line engine blitz tourney for July will take place on:

To connect:

There is a way to test the connection, with satana? I don't have an account on your server.
Author of Drago, Raffaela, Freccia, Satana, Sabrina.
http://www.linformatica.com
hgm

Post by hgm »

You can login as a guest, with any name of your choice that is not yet taken by others. You can do almost anything then. To participate in the tourney you would need a registered account, though, as the tournament-manager bot won't join you to the tourney if it cannot find your rating (which guests do not have).

If you PM me an e-mail address and account name, I can create an account for you.
flok

Post by flok »

hgm wrote:You can login as a guest, with any name of your choice that is not yet taken by others. You can do almost anything then. To participate in the tourney you would need a registered account, though, as the tournament-manager bot won't join you to the tourney if it cannot find your rating (which guests do not have).

If you PM me an e-mail address and account name, I can create an account for you.
Feel free to join any of the rpi* engines if you like. Maybe when we need 1 or more extra engines?

I would like to at least let PuppetMaster participate if possible.
This PuppetMaster is the same as in Leiden only running on an i7 instead. And slightly tweaked. And with 4 opening books.
stegemma
Full name: Stefano Gemma

Post by stegemma »

hgm wrote:You can login as a guest, with any name of your choice that is not yet taken by others. You can do almost anything then. To participate in the tourney you would need a registered account, though, as the tournament-manager bot won't join you to the tourney if it cannot find your rating (which guests do not have).

Thanks, now it connect. It is enough to connect or should I send some command to join the tournament?
Author of Drago, Raffaela, Freccia, Satana, Sabrina.
http://www.linformatica.com
hgm

Post by hgm »

After I programmed the bot for the tourney, and 'opened' it for subscribing, you should issue the command "mam join 1". ('mam' is an alias for "tell mamer", and 'mamer' is the account of the TM bot.)
JVMerlino

Post by JVMerlino »

Hi H.G.,

I would like to have Myrddin participate this time. But, as usual, I won't be available when the tournament starts. I'll have Myrddin connected well in advance of the tournament (about 90 minutes before start time), but can you join Myrddin when you start?

Thanks very much!

jm