Help needed compiling Borland C++ program

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Help needed compiling Borland C++ program

Post by hgm »

I am trying to help Vladimir Pribylinec to fix his EuroShogi program, (which contained a bug in the move generator). The original programmer is no longer available, but the source code is. I located the bug, and think I fixed it, but I could not compile the program. It seems it needs the Borland C++ Builder, and as the program is oth GUI and AI in one, it cannot be compiled on anything else without a complete rewrite of the GUI.

Is there anyone who has Borland C++ Builder, and is willing to compile the program for me? (Well, actually for Vladimir. ;) )
SMIRF

Re: Help needed compiling Borland C++ program

Post by SMIRF »

If you would mail it or a link to me, I would try. But Borland / Inprise / Embarcadero had serveral times changed their C++ compiler philosopie. Thus it is not sure, that I will have success ...
stegemma
Full name: Stefano Gemma

Re: Help needed compiling Borland C++ program

Post by stegemma »

hgm wrote:I am trying to help Vladimir Pribylinec to fix his EuroShogi program, (which contained a bug in the move generator). The original programmer is no longer available, but the source code is. I located the bug, and think I fixed it, but I could not compile the program. It seems it needs the Borland C++ Builder, and as the program is oth GUI and AI in one, it cannot be compiled on anything else without a complete rewrite of the GUI.

Is there anyone who has Borland C++ Builder, and is willing to compile the program for me? (Well, actually for Vladimir. ;) )
I still use Borland C++ Builder 6.0 and i have, somewhere, all the releases since version 3.0. I think that i can compile the program, if it is not a version following the 6.0.