Sting-sf-4 release

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

lech

Re: Sting-sf-4 release

Post by lech »

Ron Murawski wrote:
lech wrote:... sorry but I can't do 64-bit version... :oops:
Hi Marek,

The TDM-GCC compiler is a Windows 32-bit application that can produce 32 or 64-bit exe files. So there is no reason why you can't create a 64-bit version -- you just won't be able to run it.

TDM-GCC: http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/about

Ron
Thanks Ron,
Sorry, I hav'nt 64-bit system, I won't test it. :?
Marek
Maybe, I can't be friendly, but let me be useful.
lech

Post by lech »

JuLieN wrote:
Kaj Soderberg wrote:
lech wrote:Hi Graham, sorry but I can't do 64-bit version. It would be some misuse to ask Velmarin. :oops:
Yeah, just as i'm reluctant to ask Julien for a Mac compile :wink:

Cheers,
Kaj
A what ? ;)

StingSF4-OSX.

Thanks Marek! :)
Thanks Julien for this compilation! :)
lech

Post by lech »

I missed to write that i added a code to solve such positions like this much faster.
[d]8/3P3k/n2K3p/2p3n1/1b4N1/2p1p1P1/8/3B4 w - - bm Nf6+;
Red Hood

Post by Red Hood »

Marek why don't you help current SF? You can get you ideas tested with fishtest. Maybe Gary can write a patch in python so that you can test only certain positions! It would be great publicity! Maybe you can hide your changes so no prying eyes can steal your ideas?

Worth a try!

Congrats and keep up the good work!

Regards
There is always a light at end of the tunnel. Just make sure it isn't a train!
lech

Post by lech »

Red Hood wrote:Marek why don't you help current SF? You can get you ideas tested with fishtest. Maybe Gary can write a patch in python so that you can test only certain positions! It would be great publicity! Maybe you can hide your changes so no prying eyes can steal your ideas?

Worth a try!

Regards
My project is not an ELO racing engine. Sting is to maintain the parent ELO (SF 211) and it is all in this question.
I try to do someting other and I hope it is clear.
I am closer to show that the logical thinking (anything it means :)) can be only a choise no synthesis.
I am very happy that I may use the Stockfish's open source code.
Many thanks for the authors and I wish the Stockfish's team the highest ELO.
The lack of the 64-bit compilation is not a problem for me.
Red Hood

Post by Red Hood »

You misunderstood. You keep doing what you are doing now but i also wanted to suggest that you can try to add some elo to current SF. Maybe also to exploit fishtest for your work as well.
There is always a light at end of the tunnel. Just make sure it isn't a train!
pohl4711
Full name: Stefan Pohl

Post by pohl4711 »

lech wrote:
Red Hood wrote:Marek why don't you help current SF? You can get you ideas tested with fishtest. Maybe Gary can write a patch in python so that you can test only certain positions! It would be great publicity! Maybe you can hide your changes so no prying eyes can steal your ideas?

Worth a try!

Regards
My project is not an ELO racing engine. Sting is to maintain the parent ELO (SF 211) and it is all in this question.
I try to do someting other and I hope it is clear.
I am closer to show that the logical thinking (anything it means :)) can be only a choise no synthesis.
I am very happy that I may use the Stockfish's open source code.
Many thanks for the authors and I wish the Stockfish's team the highest ELO.
The lack of the 64-bit compilation is not a problem for me.
I did a test of Sting SF 3 for my LS-ratinglist and would like to test Sting SF 4, too, but I would prefer a 64bit-compile, because the tested Sting SF 3 was a 64bit version and for the comparability of the two Sting-versions, a 64bit-version of Sting SF 4 would be much better...perhaps somebody could create a 64bit-compile, please?

Stefan
lech

Post by lech »

pohl4711 wrote:...perhaps somebody could create a 64bit-compile, please?

Stefan
Sorry Stefan, your work for Sting is not that important.
You, Graham and Other are very important for ELO engines, but it is not the reason to try to ask. :lol:
lech

Post by lech »

To avoid in the future some offensive words that Sting is only some devilish trick, I will try to explain my work much deeper.
Both the positions (represent some wide groups) are very easy to solve for chessplayers.
[d]8/5pKN/5Pp1/5kP1/8/Bb6/8/7q b - - bm Qxh7;
[d]5K2/k4p1p/5p1p/1p3p2/bP6/1p6/1P5p/7B w - - bm Ke8(e7);
Also both are extremaly tough for engines. The problem is in so-called "null move search".
By my long and hard work I found a shape for the "null move search" which let us look forward to the solid chess engine.
There was needed to solve the problem of the "value draw" too, which can work like the black hole. I found the solution and still the value draw is ZERO.
Why it is important? At first it is normal or natural one. Moreover I will try to use the huge power (black hole) to evaluate zero (fortress).
I hope it will be in the next version (Sting SF 5) soon.
One condition is important for me too to maintain a similar ELO level of the parent egine (Stockfish 211).
pohl4711
Full name: Stefan Pohl

Post by pohl4711 »

lech wrote:
pohl4711 wrote:...perhaps somebody could create a 64bit-compile, please?

Stefan
Sorry Stefan, your work for Sting is not that important.
You, Graham and Other are very important for ELO engines, but it is not the reason to try to ask. :lol:
OK. There will be no test of Sting SF4 for the LS-ratinglist (until there is no 64bit-compile)...

Stefan