I smell an Engine comin up soon!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Mithu

I smell an Engine comin up soon!

Post by Mithu »

My intuition tells me that a new version of an already strong commercial Engine is due anytime soon and its not Komodo. Its even stronger...!
I can see it coming within the next one-two-three months! And it happened cos' of Komodo buzz! You guys can also see it by the recent posts that show the best games. Wow... ike I never knew that it had the best elo strength? ROFLOL
I will reveal the name after it releases.

P.S - I have not revealed any names so my post must be construed as just a figment of imagination to spark some interest in a boring time gap.
C'mon Komodo MP 5.1 I am waiting for you to up the ante further...

:lol: :wink:
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: R_Y_B_K_A_5

Post by Sylwy »

Mithu wrote:My intuition tells me that a new version of an already strong commercial Engine is due anytime soon and its not Komodo. Its even stronger...!
I can see it coming within the next one-two-three months! And it happened cos' of Komodo buzz! You guys can also see it by the recent posts that show the best games. Wow... ike I never knew that it had the best elo strength? ROFLOL

P.S - I have not revealed any names so my post must be construed as just a figment of imagination to spark some interest in a boring time gap.

RYBKA 5, I know ! Exists like private !

Hey, Mr. Pescatore - where are you ?

Maybe Rybka 5 will be descalified again by "an important organization of computer chess on Earth" being a clone of Robbolitikus (first of all because the number 2 will be present in code like in "other" code - extremely guilty) ! :lol:

Up hands , give me your money !

Have - you all - a weekend in Heaven !

$ilvianR :wink:
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: The destruction of Rybka

Post by Sylwy »

Sylwy wrote:
Mithu wrote:My intuition tells me that a new version of an already strong commercial Engine is due anytime soon and its not Komodo. Its even stronger...!

RYBKA 5, I know ! Exists like private !

Hey, Mr. Pescatore - where are you ?

Maybe Rybka 5 will be descalified again by "an important organization of computer chess on Earth" being a clone of Robbolitikus (first of all because the number 2 will be present in code like in "other" code - extremely guilty) ! :lol:

Up hands , give me your money !

Have - you all - a weekend in Heaven !

Why is it an avoided subject ?

1.-All acute started with the well-known "HS affair" - sharing Rybka 4 exes on Immortal forum a day before the official release. And distroying the commercial Rybka.
2.-Was a scandal , but many influential persons on both RybkaForum and CCC defended HS. Who are these persons ? A counting is still possible on both forums. What they have in common all these persons ? That's an easy question !
3.-Secondo act of Rybka drama: ICGA panel decision. Counting again :lol: a short analysis and all the response becomes so clear !
What is missing is the will to do it ! Why ? "The community" reaction ?

The remainder are stories for children.
Search the vocals anti Rybka in epoch. It's very instructive and most edifying!

Hands up and give me your money prizes !

Ma jalousie, ma jalousie.........mais non seulement.................

Un week-end agréable !

zullil
Full name: Louis Zulli

Re: I smell an Engine comin up soon!

Post by zullil »

Might just be a rotten (little) fish ... :twisted:
A Distel

Post by A Distel »

zullil wrote:Might just be a rotten (little) fish ... :twisted:
Maybe the best rotten fish in the water when it is troubled.
The road to chaos is filled with political correctness.
― Tadros
Mithu

Post by Mithu »

Hint: Or maybe pay an 'astronomical' amount for it? :roll: :wink:
Maximus

Post by Maximus »

The new engine your talking about is now being tested at IPON. :D
geots

Post by geots »

Actually you are dead-on accurate, of which you actually had no clue. Happens that way sometimes. Actually, as strong as Houdini 3 is- it has not a chance against this engine. And the wonderful thing is, you don't have to believe me- just hang around and wait- we're gonna have some fun.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

geots wrote:

Actually you are dead-on accurate, of which you actually had no clue. Happens that way sometimes. Actually, as strong as Houdini 3 is- it has not a chance against this engine. And the wonderful thing is, you don't have to believe me- just hang around and wait- we're gonna have some fun.
Interesting, I went to the IPON page, opened a "Guess" in a new tab
and a certain engine is the title of the tab. I hope this is a new version
of this engine! Is it the same one you are thinking of George?

Andrew
Vinvin
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Post by Vinvin »

Andrew wrote:Interesting, I went to the IPON page, opened a "Guess" in a new tab
and a certain engine is the title of the tab. I hope this is a new version
of this engine! Is it the same one you are thinking of George?

Andrew
What's the name ?