CCT14 - 10 registered participants

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Peter Skinner
Full name: Peter Skinner

CCT14 - 10 registered participants

Post by Peter Skinner »

Hello everyone,

With roughly 6 weeks before CCT14, there are 10 confirmed and accepted participants for the event.

http://cctchess.com/participants/

Over the last 10 days, there has been a mass influx of individuals trying to register Ippolit for the event. You must be an author or a team member to register for the event (with original author's permission). As there are no verified authors of Ippolit, no submissions will be accepted.

I have also been emailed several times asking if I would accept Rybka into the event. Here are my thoughts on the matter:

Being there is an ICGA ruling on the matter, I will accept either Fruit or Rybka into the event. Not both.

We use various rating lists and other tournaments as criteria for "accepted entrants". At this time, the only tournament that allows Rybka to enter is one from the CSVN. I would be willing to accept Rybka into the event only due to my personal belief that while Rybka 1.0 contained Fruit code, I am quite sure that latter versions do not contain any offending code. Also many of the people that I have contacted on the matter _do not_ disapprove Rybka participating. In fact most welcome it.

On the subject of Houdini participating:

I will leave this up to the _registered_ participants of CCT14. Personally, I do not feel it should participate as it has been shown to be a clone of Robbolitto. I believe the evidence given, and the author himself never qualifies an answer to the question.

Being this is an event for the authors, I will leave it up to them to decide. Spectator opinions will not matter in this regard.

As is customary since I have been running these events, I will be personally emailing all the commercial authors asking them to enter. This includes Rybka.

If the majority of the participants welcome Rybka into the event, and Vasik chooses to participate, it will.

Peter Skinner
CCT TD
http://www.cctchess.com
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
Houdini

Re: CCT14 - 10 registered participants

Post by Houdini »

Peter Skinner wrote:On the subject of Houdini participating:
Houdini is not interested in participating.
Have a nice tournament.
Last edited by Houdini on Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
natasha

Post by natasha »

Houdini wrote:Houdini is not interested in participating.
Have a nice tournament.
who gives a flying bleep what its thinking

but do tell "when did it develop awareness " :?:

@ mr skinner

correct place perhaps

http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 500#442500

and do tell "what possible credibility is there in ANY competition that allows unequal hardware :?:

what does it prove other "than my wallets fatter than yours so there " :P

:roll:
jdart

Post by jdart »

I will accept either Fruit or Rybka into the event. Not both.

.. my personal belief that while Rybka 1.0 contained Fruit code, I am quite sure that latter versions do not contain any offending code.
These two statements do not seem consistent, to me.
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

natasha wrote:
Houdini wrote:Houdini is not interested in participating.
Have a nice tournament.
who gives a flying bleep what its thinking

but do tell "when did it develop awareness " :?:
ROTFLMAO :lol: I was thinking the same thing. It must be a member of the T1 series.
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
Full name: Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

jdart wrote:
I will accept either Fruit or Rybka into the event. Not both.

.. my personal belief that while Rybka 1.0 contained Fruit code, I am quite sure that latter versions do not contain any offending code.
These two statements do not seem consistent, to me.
You're right, that is a mixed message.

I was going to poll the registrants tomorrow, but it seems that is a wasted exercise.

No one who is currently registered wants Rybka to be allowed participation.

Peter
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Peter Skinner wrote:I would be willing to accept Rybka into the event only due to my personal belief that while Rybka 1.0 contained Fruit code, I am quite sure that latter versions do not contain any offending code. Also many of the people that I have contacted on the matter _do not_ disapprove Rybka participating. In fact most welcome it.

Peter Skinner
CCT TD
I think one should admire you for your elevated stand in regards to Rybka. Therefore this is not the moment to discuss the relevant points regarding R1.

I wished we would all come together in good spirit for the sake of our beloved hobby computer chess.
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
Laskos
Full name: Kai Laskos

Post by Laskos »

Peter Skinner wrote: On the subject of Houdini participating:

I will leave this up to the _registered_ participants of CCT14.

If the majority of the participants welcome Rybka into the event, and Vasik chooses to participate, it will.

Peter Skinner
CCT TD
Aren't you funny? Who are the participants to allow or not allow to participate others? Ask your participants if you are allowed to own a driver's license and post here.

Kai
jdart

Post by jdart »

Well, I am registered and you didn't ask .. maybe I should care if Rybka plays or not, but I actually don't.

--Jon
natasha

Post by natasha »

Rolf wrote:
Peter Skinner wrote:I would be willing to accept Rybka into the event only due to my personal belief that while Rybka 1.0 contained Fruit code, I am quite sure that latter versions do not contain any offending code. Also many of the people that I have contacted on the matter _do not_ disapprove Rybka participating. In fact most welcome it.

Peter Skinner
CCT TD
I think one should admire you for your elevated stand in regards to Rybka. Therefore this is not the moment to discuss the relevant points regarding R1.

I wished we would all come together in good spirit for the sake of our beloved hobby computer chess.
if your the same troll whose highly dyslexic moronic friend trolls IPPOLIT wiki with you , we know what you admire and need

rybka should be excluded or all derivatives plagiarized or not should be included and IPPOLIT is original until proven otherwise so if we are talking real names of makers ....

perhaps if Fabien and Bob co signed rybkas entry ...

fair play and all that