ChessGUI 0.209 is out

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Re: ChessGUI 0.210 is out

Post by Graham Banks »

PawnStormZ wrote:
     Thanks for the information Graham :!:  I really like this feature of being able to pause (if you just need to do something intensive for a few minutes) or even interrupt and restart the whole pc.  I had not seen this before in any other GUI.

Take care

Happy to help a fellow ChessGUI user Pal. Just be aware that if you stop and exit ChessGUI in the middle of a game, that game will restart from the beginning when you open up ChessGUI again to resume.

Cheers,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
PawnStormZ

ChessGUI 0.210 is out

Post by PawnStormZ »

Thanks for the response Matthias.  Not to sound too silly, but I think this is a really cool place, when not only long-time users like Graham can offer help, but even the program author will assist.  I look forward to upgrading to the newest version when this current match is completed.

And having the Houdini creator looking at and commenting on games being played in a match on my pc...did I say cool?   :D

Take care

Kirk

Re: ChessGUI 0.210 is out

Post by Kirk »

Matthias Gemuh wrote:
Kirk wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:ChessGUI 0.210 is out

- several enhancemets.

Do not use ChessGUI 0.210 to finish an already running tournament
Only ChessGUI.exe has changed since ChessGUI 0.207

Matthias.
Hi Matthias!

Can the windows be resized in this version?
Hi Cliff,

I assumed you would not come back to ChessGUI again, so I forgot your request :oops:

I think ChessGUI shall offer only resize of whole GUI, not of individual windows.

Matthias.
That would be great! I just need to be able to shrink it as a whole. I will use it on my work PC at work whenever that update comes out. :)

So I can keep it small in the corner when I am doing "work work" :wink:
“He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, pathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious”
PawnStormZ

ChessGUI 0.210 is out

Post by PawnStormZ »

Good point Martin.  I was concerned about doing anything that might "break the flow" of the match.  I did not want to spoil the random position, each plays white once, routine.

I will definitely wait until the end of a game to interrupt.  I guess it is a good thing to do soon anyway in case the "timer" issue that Matthias mentioned does turn out to be a problem.

Take care...and best of luck with the match that you are running!

Matthias Gemuh

ChessGUI 0.211 is out

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

ChessGUI 0.211 is out

How to resize ChessGUI
======================
ChessGUI resizes only at start-up. Therefore if you change "GUI Size", ChessGUI will resize at next start-up.
If ChessGUI is too small to display readable text, either double-click on board of main ChessGUI screen or manually set GUI_Size to 100 in ChsGUI_Ini.INI. In either case, you must restart ChessGUI and then choose a better value for "GUI Size".

Only ChessGUI.exe has changed since ChessGUI 0.207

Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de