ChessGUI 0.209 is out

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Matthias Gemuh

ChessGUI 0.209 is out

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

ChessGUI 0.209 is out

- fixes minor bug concerning underpromotion at 50th move of 50-move rule.
- fixes a swiss pairing bug
- better html output
- adds a new Time Control
- new opening book with 80000 positions by Adam H. ( CCRL )

Only ChessGUI.exe has changed since ChessGUI 0.207

Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de
Matthias Gemuh

ChessGUI 0.210 is out

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

ChessGUI 0.210 is out

- several enhancemets.

Do not use ChessGUI 0.210 to finish an already running tournament

Matthias.
PawnStormZ

ChessGUI 0.210 is out

Post by PawnStormZ »

Hi Matthias.

Thanks for the constant improvement of ChessGUI!  A few questions if you do not mind...

You may have seen the match that I am running in the tourney forum between rybka and houdini.  It is at long time control and has been running for over a month.  I would like to do some windows updates and reboot the pc but I am afraid of messing up the match.

I know that you have the buttons for pausing (I use all the time) and interrupting.  The question is if I "interrupt" it stops after the current game; do I need to do anything special like saving something before closing the program?

After a restart can I just "resume" and it will know where it was (openings, stats, etc.) or do I need to "point it" to something?

If this is in the help, I have not seen it, so just point me there and I will re-read it.

Take care

Graham Banks

Re: ChessGUI 0.210 is out

Post by Graham Banks »

PawnStormZ wrote:    Hi Matthias.

Thanks for the constant improvement of ChessGUI!  A few questions if you do not mind...

You may have seen the match that I am running in the tourney forum between rybka and houdini.  It is at long time control and has been running for over a month.  I would like to do some windows updates and reboot the pc but I am afraid of messing up the match.

I know that you have the buttons for pausing (I use all the time) and interrupting.  The question is if I "interrupt" it stops after the current game; do I need to do anything special like saving something before closing the program?

After a restart can I just "resume" and it will know where it was (openings, stats, etc.) or do I need to "point it" to something?

If this is in the help, I have not seen it, so just point me there and I will re-read it.

Take care

Just press the interrupt button and close down ChessGUI. When you start back up you just press "resume" after you go into "Game/Engine Tournament/Normal Chess" and the next game in the match will start up. All settings are saved.
This is unlike the Fritz GUI where interrupting a match basically finishes the match.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Matthias Gemuh wrote:ChessGUI 0.210 is out

- several enhancemets.

Matthias.
Hi Matthias!

Can the windows be resized in this version?
“He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, pathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious”
Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

PawnStormZ wrote:    Hi Matthias.

Take care

Hi Pal,

as Graham has already said, you can resume at any time.
I think you hold the record for longest run of ChessGUI, if Graham has not exceeded that.
Maybe nobody should exceed 48 days, but I'm too lazy to look closely at eventual issues when a Windows timer "overflows" on the 49th day.

Matthias.
Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

Kirk wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:ChessGUI 0.210 is out

- several enhancemets.

Matthias.
Hi Matthias!

Can the windows be resized in this version?
Hi Cliff,

I assumed you would not come back to ChessGUI again, so I forgot your request :oops:

I think ChessGUI shall offer only resize of whole GUI, not of individual windows.

Matthias.
Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

BTW, if you don't want to "interrupt" a running game, just shutdown ChessGUI and GUI will cancel the game.

Matthias.
Martin Thoresen

Post by Martin Thoresen »

Matthias Gemuh wrote:BTW, if you don't want to "interrupt" a running game, just shutdown ChessGUI and GUI will cancel the game.

Matthias.
Yes, but it won't resume the game from the last position, it will start over. Just good for him to know, perhaps... :D
PawnStormZ

ChessGUI 0.210 is out

Post by PawnStormZ »

Thanks for the information Graham :!:  I really like this feature of being able to pause (if you just need to do something intensive for a few minutes) or even interrupt and restart the whole pc.  I had not seen this before in any other GUI.

Take care