Critter 0.80

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

cLiP

Re: Critter 0.80

Post by cLiP »

I would like to let that engine play others in tournaments - but it crashes as it seems unable to castle! At first I thought it's Aquariums fault that it (seemingly) randomly crashed - but when it displayed the move Ke8xh8 in Arena as well, I suspected it is a wrong castling implementation. And indeed, in Aquarium it also plays up to the point where it tries to castle - what a pity! But I heard it's working fine for others - so what's wrong with my system? Win 7 with Phenom II x4 965 - 4 gb ram, hash size differs ... Oops?

Best regards,

cLiP
Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Critter 0.80

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

cLiP wrote:I would like to let that engine play others in tournaments - but it crashes as it seems unable to castle! At first I thought it's Aquariums fault that it (seemingly) randomly crashed - but when it displayed the move Ke8xh8 in Arena as well, I suspected it is a wrong castling implementation. And indeed, in Aquarium it also plays up to the point where it tries to castle - what a pity! But I heard it's working fine for others - so what's wrong with my system? Win 7 with Phenom II x4 965 - 4 gb ram, hash size differs ... Oops?

Best regards,

cLiP
Critter 0.80 x64 MP works fine on my overclocked Q9650 under Windows XP x64....nearly 300 games at long time controls with zero crashes....

I suspect it's a compile problem,something to do with your system running AMD Phenom II....most probably this is the core of the problem....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….