Why not let Norman return to chess community

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

djbl

Re: Why not let Norman return to chess community

Post by djbl »

hi michael,
a bit off the topic but i'm just wondering if you could give me a little advice. i use the shredder and arena gui's, but mostly arena (80%ish) and for the life of me i have never been able to work out how to use the permanent hash feature in rybka 3. i know this is not an arena exclusive question but when i bring up the engine configs and i get the point to perm hash file etc i have no idea where or what this file should be. is this a file i need to make myself, if so, how? if not, where might i find it? i hope this makes some sort of sense. and yes, i really am that dumb when it comes to computers so speak real slowly! thanks in advance
slobo

Post by slobo »

Guenther wrote:
slobo wrote:
Rolf wrote:
djbl wrote:"Do you at least know who Norm is, the cloner archbishop and seller of such illegal drogues. Note, he stole money from the people because his clones should not be paid or sold at all" (sorry but i haven't got the hang of this thread business yet).

well, maybe this man is a crook (as you say) and maybe he isnt. but as you seem to have the right to call him a crook he should have the right to defend himself, crook or not. even the most vile murderers are entitled to a trial, that is how things are done in the free world, and as long as ppl have the right to accuse the accused should have the right to defend themselves. so the reasons you give for not allowing him a voice, viz. that he is a crook is precisely the reason why he should be able to. and genarrly i like to make my own up and not have it made up for me by those who have already made theirs. you think him a crook, very good, but i like to see the facts for myself first and not blindly accept what you, or anyone else (including norman) teels me.

You misunderstood. That Norm sold always new clones is not to be proven to every new member. No new member is allowed to call it an unproven allegation until he, the newbie, has not been shown the facts of the case. And until that moment Norm should be innocent.

This sort of twisted logic is unacceptable. The facts are known to experts here and not even I like many have not these facts.

But therefore in recursive logic Norm cannot become innocent again. Because if he could, he would remain innocent for the rest of his life. Proof: I have many grandmothers who never have seen the facts about Norm, so that it's impossible to accuse Norm of any wrongdoings.
1. Norman did not kill anyone.
2. He sold a few examples of his clone, but he gave all that money back when accusations arose.
3. He was pnished so far by 7 months banning after starting another clone that he offered for free.

Now tell me: when Vas will give back a part of his money, corresponding to the copied code of Fruit engine?

There are already a lot of proves about his cloning activities.
1. What money did you pay for Rybka 1?
2. How do you know all people received their money back from the
Kranium entity, let alone one of them?
3. Show me finally some real proof that something essentially
besides the UCI interface 'might' be 'copied'
4. Why are you always engaged in all this mud wars?
5. When was your last ban?
6. Will you finally vanish and not poison this place anymore when
the Robbocase will be rested against it?
7. Why are you here anyway?
8. Why do you think almost only eastern europe people are engaged in anti Rybka hate flame whatever threads?
9. Have you ever posted a 'normal' computer chess post?
10. Do you consider yourself a part of the real Talkchess members?

Whatever, I wish we had an ignore function here... and please
when you finally vanish take the handful of your other anonymous
new fellowers with you, thanks. In all fora I know you would be just
a shortlived plague and I know the overwhelming majority thinks the
same.
1. What have you payed for Ippolit & Robbolito & Igorrit?
If you have payed nothing, why do you support false claim it is a clone?
2. How do you know there are people who did not receive money back from Norman? If you know them, bring them here, but also give Norman chance to give his own version.
3. Do you follow this forum regulary?
It seems you don't, what proof do you expect from me besides the proves already presented here?

"4. Why are you always engaged in all this mud wars?"

4. If you don't follow this forum regulary, how can you utter such a nonsence?

Besides, if "the war is mud", why are you entering it?
Do you want to gain your part of the mud as a booty?

5. What my ban has to do with Vasik copying Fruit's code?

(by the way, I was never been banned from CCC, sorry for this one)

Now, I have to stop. I have not time anymore for your nonsenses.

Be well, anyway.
"Well, I´m just a soul whose intentions are good,
Oh Lord, please don´t let me be misunderstood."
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

slobo wrote: (by the way, I was never been banned from CCC, sorry for this one)
There's always a first time.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

Are you saying you are going to ban him as soon as you are elected a mod in this forum, for no apparent reason , other than speaking the truth ?
Is that kind of a mod people need here ?

Post by Graham Banks »

Damir wrote:Are you saying you are going to ban him as soon as you are elected a mod in this forum, for no apparent reason , other than speaking the truth ?
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Graham Banks wrote:
Damir wrote:Are you saying you are going to ban him as soon as you are elected a mod in this forum, for no apparent reason , other than speaking the truth ?
Sorry Graham,but it sounded exactly as Damir understood it....as I wrote in another thread,you can't do whatever you want just because you are a moderator....you have to move in the range of the charter....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Sorry Graham,but it sounded exactly as Damir understood it....as I wrote in another thread,you can't do whatever you want just because you are a moderator....you have to move in the range of the charter....
Dr.D
I'll post my moderation statement in a couple of hours.
Then it's up to the membership to decide who they'd like to vote for.
If I'm elected, there will be some changes though. Best get used to the idea. There's more than one kind of revolution.

Cheers,
Graham.
Last edited by Graham Banks on Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Graham Banks wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Dr.D
I'll post my moderation statement in a couple of hours.
Then it's up to the membership to decide who they'd like to vote for.
If I'm elected, there will be some changes though. Best get used to the idea.

Cheers,
Graham.
If you're elected,if you can make whatever changes you dream of and if the majority of the forum let you do it....a lot of if's I guess....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
bnemias

Post by bnemias »

Graham Banks wrote:If I'm elected, there will be some changes though. Best get used to the idea. There's more than one kind of revolution.
Yes there is. It's not clear to me exactly what you mean by that. But I'll assume you intend to censor Robbo and its recent brethren in at least links.

If that's the case, fine. But realize the net sees censorship as infection and routes around it. In other words, it won't have any effect at all. It's already spreading like wildfire. All it will do is keep it from being visible here, and possibly spawn the creation of a new forum.
yanquis1972

Post by yanquis1972 »

i don't mind link censorship at all. when i linked stephen to igorrit it wasn't to ruffle feathers but just to help him out. i could've just as easily PMed him if TC doesn't want these things public.

however i think censoring DISCUSSION is a huge issue and one i can't bear to think happening. these things play computer chess and are public. there is no reason not to discuss them & their games, etc. if public linking is disallowed i completely understand & support that, but i hope that future mods will continue to allow open discussion, match results, etc.