Why not let Norman return to chess community

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Rolf

Re: Why not let Norman return to chess community

Post by Rolf »

Graham Banks wrote:
Rolf wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Rolf wrote: I would prefer Bloodgood as a chess expert over Kranium, who BTW is also playing around with many pseudos, and he is, above all, betraying chess fans with his clones. While Bloodgood didnt murder a chessplayer. So that one could argue that his chess dedication had absolutely nothing to do with chess! Other than with Kranium who abused chess fans themselves. That is why I see him a lot more dangerous than a murderer who sits forever in jail.
That's a bit harsh Rolf. :shock:
Why?

A murderer in jail is harmless but a betrayer in freedom will always continie to commit fraud.
A lot of people are simply misguided with regards to the Ippo code and where it came from.
I'm sure that once the truth comes out, most will drop it like a hot potato.
It's the ones who still want to promote it and use it and deny its origins even after that, that we need to get rid of.
Just my opinion.
But what is with those who want to have the strongest engine no matter from where and how it was made? Why should they let it drop?
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
djbl

Post by djbl »

"Do you at least know who Norm is, the cloner archbishop and seller of such illegal drogues. Note, he stole money from the people because his clones should not be paid or sold at all" (sorry but i haven't got the hang of this thread business yet).

well, maybe this man is a crook (as you say) and maybe he isnt. but as you seem to have the right to call him a crook he should have the right to defend himself, crook or not. even the most vile murderers are entitled to a trial, that is how things are done in the free world, and as long as ppl have the right to accuse the accused should have the right to defend themselves. so the reasons you give for not allowing him a voice, viz. that he is a crook is precisely the reason why he should be able to. and genarrly i like to make my own up and not have it made up for me by those who have already made theirs. you think him a crook, very good, but i like to see the facts for myself first and not blindly accept what you, or anyone else (including norman) teels me.
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

Damir wrote:
Rolf wrote:
SzG wrote:
SzG wrote:
liuzy wrote:Since Norman has made great contribution to chess, I think it's time to let him return to our community.
Contribution to chess has nothing to do with banning. He was banned for violating the charter.
To be more precise, he kept saying Rybka was a clone but provided no proof.

You may notice that many here accused Ippolit and co. to be a clone without providing a proof. I don't remember any of them has been banned...
A damned untruth/halsehood. He wasnt banned for saying this but because he sold his several clones to the people and that is a crime. Therefore it's alsi in itself dirty to argue that he ported something to Windows and that were a fantastic contribution. This is similar (although one cannot compare the two cases!) to a murderer Bloodgood who spent a life sentence in jail and became a 1.g4 expert. IMO we cant ignore true crimes alone for the integrity of our youth. But honestly I would prefer Bloodgood as a chess expert over Kranium, who BTW is also playing around with many pseudos, and he is, above all, betraying chess fans with his clones. While Bloodgood didnt murder a chessplayer. So that one could argue that his chess dedication had absolutely nothing to do with chess! Other than with Kranium who abused chess fans themselves. That is why I see him a lot more dangerous than a murderer who sits forever in jail.
Mods, I think it is about time you stop sitting on your asses and ban Rolf and all others, who are making such outrageous accusations against a single individual.
Bloodgood was tried and convicted, so it is not an outrageous accusation to say he was a murderer. He was.

Miguel
Michael Diosi

Post by Michael Diosi »

I think you should be banned for calling people dogs just because they don't agree with you. I know it is usal in your entourage to use such sucha a lanmguage but not in this community. You may use it with your alikes.

Michael
http://www.playwitharena.com
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: It's OK !

Post by Sylwy »

Michael Diosi wrote: such sucha a lanmguage
Michael

Hi Miky !

Translate please !

Regards,
Silvian

PS:Miky, I tested Arena 2.0.1 ! It's OK ! I like it ! :lol:
Michael Diosi

Post by Michael Diosi »

Hello,

You are not expecting an answer, are you ? But how about checking each message in this forum for spelling, punctuation, syntax errors and spaming the entire forum with your intended corrections ?

Take a look at the Arena page and do something productive too and be coherent.

Michael
Henrik Dinesen

Post by Henrik Dinesen »

Guenther wrote:
slobo wrote:
BubbaTough wrote:
liuzy wrote:Since Norman has made great contribution to chess, I think it's time to let him return to our community.
Why start a new thread on this topic, instead of just contributing to the existing ones? For example, you must have seen the thread right below yours that is titled: Time to bring Norman back. Do you think people will give your opinion more credence if there are multiple threads on the topic? If so, you should rethink this perspective. I would guess people find it more annoying than persuasive.

-Sam
I don't know who BubbaTough is, but I think he is making a pression against the mods. His claim is now explicite and more visible.

Well, we all have some weak point, and the banning from CCC is Norman's weak point. He has been struck by this banning, and I ask the community to put an end to the current situation.
IMO it would be much better to ban some more!
Agree to that!
Henrik
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Post by Sylwy »

Michael Diosi wrote:Hello,

You are not expecting an answer, are you ? But how about checking each message in this forum for spelling, punctuation, syntax errors and spaming the entire forum with your intended corrections ?

Take a look at the Arena page and do something productive too and be coherent.

Michael

Miky,
A fost doar o gluma ; fii si tu mai indulgent .
Arena chiar imi place.Daca constat ceva in neregula, dupa ce o testez integral , am sa-ti spun !
Despre Norman Schmidt : am cumparat si eu Xyclops ! Nu a fost OK dar a returnat banii. In rest pare un baiat simpatic ! Cred ca mai merita niste sanse.

Silvian

Only some explanations for Michael ! He understand Romanian.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

djbl wrote:"Do you at least know who Norm is, the cloner archbishop and seller of such illegal drogues. Note, he stole money from the people because his clones should not be paid or sold at all" (sorry but i haven't got the hang of this thread business yet).

well, maybe this man is a crook (as you say) and maybe he isnt. but as you seem to have the right to call him a crook he should have the right to defend himself, crook or not. even the most vile murderers are entitled to a trial, that is how things are done in the free world, and as long as ppl have the right to accuse the accused should have the right to defend themselves. so the reasons you give for not allowing him a voice, viz. that he is a crook is precisely the reason why he should be able to. and genarrly i like to make my own up and not have it made up for me by those who have already made theirs. you think him a crook, very good, but i like to see the facts for myself first and not blindly accept what you, or anyone else (including norman) teels me.

You misunderstood. That Norm sold always new clones is not to be proven to every new member. No new member is allowed to call it an unproven allegation until he, the newbie, has not been shown the facts of the case. And until that moment Norm should be innocent.

This sort of twisted logic is unacceptable. The facts are known to experts here and not even I like many have not these facts.

But therefore in recursive logic Norm cannot become innocent again. Because if he could, he would remain innocent for the rest of his life. Proof: I have many grandmothers who never have seen the facts about Norm, so that it's impossible to accuse Norm of any wrongdoings.
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Rolf wrote:I have many grandmothers.
Are you the product of genetic engineering? :P