Why not let Norman return to chess community

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

liuzy

Why not let Norman return to chess community

Post by liuzy »

Since Norman has made great contribution to chess, I think it's time to let him return to our community.
BubbaTough

Re: Why not let Norman return to chess community

Post by BubbaTough »

liuzy wrote:Since Norman has made great contribution to chess, I think it's time to let him return to our community.
Why start a new thread on this topic, instead of just contributing to the existing ones? For example, you must have seen the thread right below yours that is titled: Time to bring Norman back. Do you think people will give your opinion more credence if there are multiple threads on the topic? If so, you should rethink this perspective. I would guess people find it more annoying than persuasive.

-Sam
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

BubbaTough wrote:
liuzy wrote:Since Norman has made great contribution to chess, I think it's time to let him return to our community.
Why start a new thread on this topic, instead of just contributing to the existing ones? For example, you must have seen the thread right below yours that is titled: Time to bring Norman back. Do you think people will give your opinion more credence if there are multiple threads on the topic? If so, you should rethink this perspective. I would guess people find it more annoying than persuasive.

-Sam
EXACTLY
if another thread is started with the same exact content it will be considered spam and sent to the hinterlands of the north country

Deleted Regards
Steve
slobo

Post by slobo »

BubbaTough wrote:

-Sam
I don't know who BubbaTough is, but I think he is making a pression against the mods. His claim is now explicite and more visible.

Well, we all have some weak point, and the banning from CCC is Norman's weak point. He has been struck by this banning, and I ask the community to put an end to the current situation.
"Well, I´m just a soul whose intentions are good,
Oh Lord, please don´t let me be misunderstood."
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

slobo wrote:
BubbaTough wrote:

-Sam
I don't know who BubbaTough is, but I think he is making a pression against the mods. His claim is now explicite and more visible.

Well, we all have some weak point, and the banning from CCC is Norman's weak point. He has been struck by this banning, and I ask the community to put an end to the current situation.
IMO it would be much better to ban some more!
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
BubbaTough

Post by BubbaTough »

slobo wrote: I don't know who BubbaTough is, but I think he is making a pression against the mods. His claim is now explicite and more visible.
BubbaTough is the name I picked when I thought I could be anonymous while signing up. When I learned that anonymity was not tolerated here I added my real name, which you can see next to my posts, and at the bottom of them. I am not sure what my "visible and explicit claim is", but whatever it is, I am 110% behind it and anyone who disagrees with me is a dog :!: .

-Sam
djbl

Post by djbl »

any restrictions on freedom of speech are against western values and usually the sign of totalitarian dictators. what is wrong with simply letting ppl make up their own minds? if someone has something to say that is clearly wrong im sure most ppl will see it as such, and of course others have always got the right to reply. usually limits are impossed on such freedoms when those enforcing said restrictions are fearful of what might be said...why?? on principle any restrictions are bad and return us back to the dark ages.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

djbl wrote:any restrictions on freedom of speech are against western values and usually the sign of totalitarian dictators. what is wrong with simply letting ppl make up their own minds? if someone has something to say that is clearly wrong im sure most ppl will see it as such, and of course others have always got the right to reply. usually limits are impossed on such freedoms when those enforcing said restrictions are fearful of what might be said...why?? on principle any restrictions are bad and return us back to the dark ages.
Welcome to the CCC
while i am not specifically talking about the banning issue i do want to point out that When you sign on as a member here you are agreeing to abide by our charter which does place some restrictions on what can be posted here
you are encouraged to read this thread :

http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7

Regards
Steve
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

djbl wrote:any restrictions on freedom of speech are against western values and usually the sign of totalitarian dictators. what is wrong with simply letting ppl make up their own minds? if someone has something to say that is clearly wrong im sure most ppl will see it as such, and of course others have always got the right to reply. usually limits are impossed on such freedoms when those enforcing said restrictions are fearful of what might be said...why?? on principle any restrictions are bad and return us back to the dark ages.
Do you at least know who Norm is, the cloner archbishop and seller of such illegal drogues. Note, he stole money from the people because his clones should not be paid or sold at all.
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Guenther wrote:
slobo wrote:
BubbaTough wrote:

-Sam

IMO it would be much better to ban some more!
Who else is a criminal like kranium, the seller of illegal software?
-Popper and Lakatos are good but I'm stuck on Leibowitz