New engine: Ippolit

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Re: New engine: Ippolit

Post by Graham Banks »

Steve B wrote: seems everyone bashes mods these days,even prior mods whom one would hope would know better given they have been through difficult decisions at times

prior mod teams have held the opinion that links to illegals engines are not permitted but discussion is allowed
we hold the same philosophy
Steve
I am not bashing the mods, just giving my opinion as a member. The mod teams that I was part of were bound by the same charter and held the same philosophy.
As an example, we allowed discussions on the legality/illegality of Strelka, but not links to it.

However, it would seem that in the case of Ippolit, actions elsewhere have been taken as a result of the acceptance that it is an illegal clone. My opinion is therefore that a discussion about its legality or illegality shouldn't need to take place here on that basis.

Just giving my opinion and nothing else. I'm not mod bashing. Being a mod is a thankless task, in that you can't satisfy everybody.

Cheers,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
perejaslav

Post by perejaslav »

An excellent stuff. This engine is really stronger than Rybka 3 in about 40-50 ELO points as they told on the IPOLITE site!! :shock:
very aggressive engine.
it is not a clone of R3 because clone can not be so MUCH stronger than original!
Open your eyes guys!
This is a revolution! Like rybka 1.0 Beta almost 4 years ago!
----------------
As for cloning accusations... Plz provide the evidence before to make a SO false statement!
I think those guys or other enthusiasts basing on free sources will develope Ippolite further.
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

perejaslav wrote:An excellent stuff. This engine is really stronger than Rybka 3 in about 40-50 ELO points as they told on the IPOLITE site!! :shock:
very aggressive engine.
What is written on the site is rubbish.
it is not a clone of R3 because clone can not be so MUCH stronger than original!
So why is Toga stronger than Fruit 2.1?

God, I hope your theories get better
Open your eyes guys!
This is a revolution! Like rybka 1.0 Beta almost 4 years ago!
If you call disassembling Rybka "a revolution".........
As for cloning accusations... Plz provide the evidence before to make a SO false statement!
How do you know it is a false statement, if you have not yet seen the evidence.....hmmmm? Doh!

:lol:

Your post is not getting any better is it? Still we are nearly at the bottom so I suppose there is hope.
I think those guys or other enthusiasts basing on free sources will develope Ippolite further.
Then again maybe not.....

Most of the people you talk about will need a brain transplant first. Speaking of which may I suggest.........ahh no........forget it. I like you just the way you are........

:)

Christopher
Last edited by Christopher Conkie on Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
perejaslav

Post by perejaslav »

Christopher Conkie wrote:

IPPOLIT - Rybka 3 -- > +10=5-5 (3+0 match) is also “rubbish”? :lol:
I prefer to believe my eyes other than someones irony :evil:
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Christopher Conkie wrote:
perejaslav wrote: IPPOLIT - Rybka 3 -- > +10=5-5 (3+0 match) is also “rubbish”? :lol:
I prefer to believe my eyes other than someones irony :evil:
Yes, 20 x 3 minute games is complete and utter rubbish.

If you believed your own eyes you would know what disassembled code looks like and would not be so quick to post.

;-)

Christopher
Peter Skinner
Full name: Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

Wow.. the fit is definitely hitting the shan on this one..

Ippolit should be renamed to flustercuck.. for the drama it will create :)

Peter
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Peter Skinner wrote:Wow.. the fit is definitely hitting the shan on this one..

Ippolit should be renamed to flustercuck.. for the drama it will create :)

Peter
Indeed! :wink:
Terry McCracken
Gian-Carlo Pascutto

Post by Gian-Carlo Pascutto »

There are at least 3 things now that will almost certainly happen that have far-reaching consequences:

- Within the year we will have a dozen of new and "entirely original" engines from little known authors that play at a level equal or better than Rybka 3.

- Pretty much the only person in the world who was developing chess engines full time will see his income cut severely and face the prospect of having to sue an anonymous Russian hacker for copyright violations (good luck...).

- Rybka 4 will probably appear with some insane copy-protection system instead of none at all in Rybka 3.

All the while some people will be blathering about how there is no proof this is a clone (even after clear-cut evidence shows up).
Kirill Kryukov

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

Gian-Carlo Pascutto wrote:There are at least 3 things now that will almost certainly happen that have far-reaching consequences:

- Within the year we will have a dozen of new and "entirely original" engines from little known authors that play at a level equal or better than Rybka 3.

- Pretty much the only person in the world who was developing chess engines full time will see his income cut severely and face the prospect of having to sue an anonymous Russian hacker for copyright violations (good luck...).

- Rybka 4 will probably appear with some insane copy-protection system instead of none at all in Rybka 3.

All the while some people will be blathering about how there is no proof this is a clone (even after clear-cut evidence shows up).
Agreed. Although you did not mention the worst of the consequences:

- A number of authors who are now still developing their own original free engines will lose interest to computer chess at all.

A sad day for computer chess.

I wonder if it's time to start switching to Shogi.

Best,
Kirill
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: New engine: Ippolit/Request Torquemada !

Post by Sylwy »

mclane wrote:this all reminds me on the scenes from medieval where the heretic was burning at stake and the bishop in front asked him: will you confess that you are a sinner ?

i have heard that XY is together with satan.
oh i have the suspicion that x is a witch and can fly on a broom.
did you see it ? no but somebody told me about it.

ok. lets burn the witch and see if she confesses her sin.

in all those discussion i have not seen much evidence.
only imaginations or suspicious positions and main lines.

even the people who have seen source code do not
come with clear statements.
Torquemada -please come back from HELL !

:lol: :lol: :lol: