New engine: Ippolit

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Christopher Conkie

Re: New engine: Ippolit

Post by Christopher Conkie »

George Tsavdaris wrote:
Christopher Conkie wrote: I tell you something Guenther. It is amazing when you look around just how much people want Ippolit to be crash free, multipv, and SMP just like the one we made.
I went to the Ippolit site but i have found no executable to try. Only source code. Am i missing something?

You say "we made". I don't really understand what do you mean but i guess you have managed to compile it. Can you PM me an executable you've made?

Also some questions:
How the hell this engine occurred suddenly? :shock:
How did people know about its web page? Lucky guess? :D

Is this s Rybka 3 clone by means of a hex edited Rybka 3? Or the author of it has disassembled Rybka 3 and added some things to improve it? I find it tough to believe if that is the case.

What do you mean with SMP in your statement :" multipv, and SMP".

Right now Mr WildCrack and Mr Streaker are trying desperately to do something, (Maybe its a Russian thing...but that would be to forget Mr Uber) but alas noone is "immortal".

:lol:

It took us all a while let me tell you.

In fact it is quite unrecognisable now. I could even rename it.......
Why i always can't decipher what you are saying? :cry: Can you explain what do you meant above?
Anyway....there is something even stronger than our Ippolit.
What? Rybka 4?
Yes
No
Around for ages
Luck
Yes
Yes and No
Yes and No
Bad luck George
No
Not telling
No

:lol:

Christopher
Last edited by Christopher Conkie on Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George Tsavdaris

Post by George Tsavdaris »

Olivier Deville wrote: I can confirm our team made an SMP x64 version of Ippolit that crushes Rybka hands down.
You lost me. Which is your team?
Also can your team provide me with this executable?
Note that i legally own Rybka 3 so there is no problem i think for what i'm asking. Perhaps this is wrong and in that case forget about what i'm asking.

Also this executable came from what code? In the Ippolit site i see only 2 files with code but i find it too small to make such an engine. Is there something i miss?
After his son's birth they've asked him:
"Is it a boy or girl?"
YES! He replied.....
Christopher Conkie

George Tsavdaris wrote:
Olivier Deville wrote: I can confirm our team made an SMP x64 version of Ippolit that crushes Rybka hands down.
You lost me. Which is your team?
Also can your team provide me with this executable?
Note that i legally own Rybka 3 so there is no problem i think for what i'm asking. Perhaps this is wrong and in that case forget about what i'm asking.

Also this executable came from what code? In the Ippolit site i see only 2 files with code but i find it too small to make such an engine. Is there something i miss?
We are the Borg
No
The code is out there
Yes

:P

Christopher
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

George Tsavdaris wrote: How the hell this engine occurred suddenly? :shock:
It's been around for about six months, but mention of it has been banned from almost everywhere because of the fact that it's an illegal Rybka clone.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
George Tsavdaris

Post by George Tsavdaris »

Graham Banks wrote:
It's been around for about six months, but mention of it has been banned from almost everywhere because of the fact that it's an illegal Rybka clone.
OK so 2 questions on that.

And why now, this certain moment, mention of it is not banned? :shock:

"It's been around for 6 months". Around where? I haven't seen any single word here.

And a last question: Is this really so damn easy to disassemble an engine? I mean you say 6 months and Rybka is around 15 months old. So 9 months for reverse engineering a program?? Only?

I thought it would take many years to do it if working hard on it. And they did it in 9 months? And i guess 9 months without working on it full time(if it's the other way around i would be totally surprised). It's really a mystery for me.
After his son's birth they've asked him:
"Is it a boy or girl?"
YES! He replied.....
Christopher Conkie

George Tsavdaris wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
OK so 2 questions on that.

And why now, this certain moment, mention of it is not banned? :shock:

"It's been around for 6 months". Around where? I haven't seen any single word here.

And a last question: Is this really so damn easy to disassemble an engine? I mean you say 6 months and Rybka is around 15 months old. So 9 months for reverse engineering a program?? Only?

I thought it would take many years to do it if working hard on it. And they did it in 9 months? And i guess 9 months without working on it full time(if it's the other way around i would be totally surprised). It's really a mystery for me.
No idea
Yes, in the ether.
No
Sooner
Yes

:)

Christopher
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

George Tsavdaris wrote:"It's been around for 6 months". Around where? I haven't seen any single word here.
Then you were simply unlucky to not look before it was deleted. There have been threads very much like this one in the past, and then, the next day, they will hve magicaly disappeared. As, no doubt, will happen to this one. So that in 3 month other people will be just as amazed as you are now.
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

There was mention of this program several times. Actually just a few days ago non other than Larry Kaufman was asking about who the perpetrators of this clone were and the post got deleted immediately. I guess they don't want to give publicity to something that was illegal.
Anton

Post by Anton »

Graham Banks wrote:
Where is the evidence Graham?

Is there a link that shows the evidence?
Christopher Conkie

Anton wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Where is the evidence Graham?

Is there a link that shows the evidence?
Here
No

:)

Christopher