Schooner Version 1.5

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

D Sceviour

Schooner Version 1.5

Post by D Sceviour »

Schooner Version 1.5

- WinBoard compatible, CECP compliant
- 64/64np/32 bit versions
- SSE Popcnt and non-popcount support
- Default hash size 256Mb - adjustable
- 1 CPU - no threading
- No pondering allowed
- Resident personality book
- Also supports optional polyglot style book - named "book.bin" in the same directory as the engine.
- adjustable sc.ini file
- No endgame table base support

For a direct download:

https://doc-14-a8-docs.googleuserconten ... -m9dySAbQQ
Amateur

Re: Schooner Version 1.5

Post by Amateur »

thank you
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

D Sceviour wrote:Schooner Version 1.5

- WinBoard compatible, CECP compliant
- 64/64np/32 bit versions
- SSE Popcnt and non-popcount support
- Default hash size 256Mb - adjustable
- 1 CPU - no threading
- No pondering allowed
- Resident personality book
- Also supports optional polyglot style book - named "book.bin" in the same directory as the engine.
- adjustable sc.ini file
- No endgame table base support

For a direct download:

https://doc-14-a8-docs.googleuserconten ... -m9dySAbQQ
Thanks Dennis. This must be the longest link I have ever seen.
Still I get:

Code: Select all

Forbidden Error 403
What about a release at your github site? This is a quite selfish matter because that link length would break the according column in my new RWBC XB/UCI chronology by miles ;)
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Hi Dennis,

that link doesn't work for me.

Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
D Sceviour

Post by D Sceviour »

There seems to be a problem with the link. It works for me only I guess. You may have to have a Google account to access the link. Stand by. The problem is being worked out.
D Sceviour

Post by D Sceviour »

Guenther wrote: Thanks Dennis. This must be the longest link I have ever seen.
Still I get:

Forbidden Error 403
What about a release at your github site? This is a quite selfish matter because that link length would break the according column in my new RWBC XB/UCI chronology by miles ;)
The link in the OP appears damaged. It was recommend by Google Drive as a direct download link. It may be that the internet filters are blocking executables. That leaves several other methods to share the executables. Note: the executables will have to renamed *.exe.

(1) I uploaded a copy to Graham Banks and it seems to be okay. Perhaps he can make a copy of the executables available on request.

(2) You can post your email, or send me your email in the private messages and I will forward a copy. The private messages do not appear to accept attachments.

(3) If you have a Google account I can try to give another Google Drive link (shorter this time) to share the folder. However, there is no direct download. As I have no experience doing this, I will wait for request before trying it. There is no guarantee that will work.

(4) The folder could be uploaded to GitHub if it still works, where Schooner version 1.4 was uploaded. Unfortunately, I hate GitHub. It is very user unfriendly to me.
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

D Sceviour wrote:
Guenther wrote: Thanks Dennis. This must be the longest link I have ever seen.
Still I get:

Forbidden Error 403
The link in the OP appears damaged. It was recommend by Google Drive as a direct download link. It may be that the internet filters are blocking executables. That leaves several other methods to share the executables. Note: the executables will have to renamed *.exe.

(1) I uploaded a copy to Graham Banks and it seems to be okay. Perhaps he can make a copy of the executables available on request.

(2) You can post your email, or send me your email in the private messages and I will forward a copy. The private messages do not appear to accept attachments.

(3) If you have a Google account I can try to give another Google Drive link (shorter this time) to share the folder. However, there is no direct download. As I have no experience doing this, I will wait for request before trying it. There is no guarantee that will work.

(4) The folder could be uploaded to GitHub if it still works, where Schooner version 1.4 was uploaded. Unfortunately, I hate GitHub. It is very user unfriendly to me.
The computerchesswiki could host it too I guess.

http://www.computer-chess.org/doku.php? ... nload_list

Guenther
cdani

Post by cdani »

Or if you send me it, I can host it on Andscacs site.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

D Sceviour wrote:(1) I uploaded a copy to Graham Banks and it seems to be okay. Perhaps he can make a copy of the executables available on request.
http://kirill-kryukov.com/chess/discuss ... p?id=37193
gbanksnz at gmail.com
tmokonen
Full name: Tony Mokonen

Post by tmokonen »

Thanks, Graham and Dennis.