Muse 0.95

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

fierz

Re: Muse 0.95 w32?

Post by fierz »

supersharp77 wrote:Only a w64 engine so far......no w32 in file folder.......AR :cry:
Hi AA,

yes, sorry about that - I didn't feel like supporting win32 any longer, that seems like an obsolete platform :-)

cheers
Martin
fierz

Post by fierz »

SzG wrote:I have started a tournament with Muse 0.951. Only a couple of games have been played yet but I have already noticed something odd in Muse's time management.
Up to around move 40 it moves normally, maybe a bit too fast, so it saves a lot of time for the next time control. Then from move 40 it starts to think a lot each move so that around move 50 it has only very little time left. At this point it starts to move almost instantly, and it does not always manage to complete the remaining moves to till the 80-move time control.

This is under WB, Muse is installed as a WB engine.
Hi Gabor,

is that at 40/4 or 40/40?

best regards
Martin
fierz

Re: Muse 0.95

Post by fierz »

Hi Gabor,

thanks for the detailed message - I will look into this!

best regards
Martin
fierz

Post by fierz »

SzG wrote:Here is a link where the problem is dealt with thoroughly:

http://www.open-aurec.com/wbforum/viewtopic.php?t=49792
Hi Gabor,

thanks again for the link. I understand the problem better now. As described in the link, my engine is only counting moves it makes itself, and doesn't recognize the force command I think. You could help me even more if you post a sample winboard.txt file that should appear in Muse's engine folder when it plays (the log of one game would be enough to see exactly what commands the engine is getting)

best regards
Martin
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: Yeah.....right ! -:))))

Post by Sylwy »

fierz wrote:
supersharp77 wrote:Only a w64 engine so far......no w32 in file folder.......AR :cry:
Hi AA,

yes, sorry about that - I didn't feel like supporting win32 any longer, that seems like an obsolete platform :-)

cheers
Martin
Correct ! That's because all top chess engines have version for 32-bit OS ! :lol:
From Komodo to Texel, from Stockfish to Chiron, from Houdini to Gull, from Equinox to Fritz, from Critter to Andscacs, from Nirvanachess to iCE, from............Sorry, I think that I did not understand in a correct way: obsolete it is........the 32-bit OS or ..........the engine ?
Thank you ! :wink: :lol:
Wolfgang

Re: Yeah.....right ! -:))))

Post by Wolfgang »

CEGT 40/4 running here: http://cegt.forumieren.com/t577-testing-muse-0-951

So far no problems with time management as UCI under Arena 3.5.1 and Shredder Classic GUI
Best
Wolfgang
CEGT-Team
www.cegt.net
www.cegt.forumieren.com
fierz

Post by fierz »

I have posted an updated version of Muse which now should work correctly under Windboard + Polyglot, because it now also counts moves in the force mode.

Gabor, thanks a lot for the detailed bug report and the link to the thread describing the problem and the logfile, that was very helpful.

I checked the time management under "your" type of conditions, and it seems reasonable now.

@ Wolfgang: thanks for including Muse in your testing - and sorry that I come up with an update so soon due to the time management bug under Winboard. Under Arena/UCI everything should be fine, because there the number of moves is always explicitly transmitted to the engine. 0.953 and 0.951 should be identical regarding play, so you could just keep the results so far with 0.951 and pretend they belong to 0.953. Then again, this may be against testing standards...

best regards
Martin
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

fierz wrote:
Hi AA,

cheers
Martin
And what about 64 bit w/o popcnt e.g. Quads from 2009?
A pity Muse also doesn't run there. BTW the download link at your site
does not work anymore for 0.953.

Guenther