LittleBlitzer question and possible problem

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Jouni

LittleBlitzer question and possible problem

Post by Jouni »

Program is actually simply awesome. But if I EXIT it can I continue later without losing games? When running gauntlet with Gull 3 I have seen some crashes of LittleBlitzer. I see, that then memory is full of Gull3 exe's which cannot stop! Problem with exiting Gull maybe!?
Jouni
Ferdy

Re: LittleBlitzer question and possible problem

Post by Ferdy »

Jouni wrote:Program is actually simply awesome. But if I EXIT it can I continue later without losing games? When running gauntlet with Gull 3 I have seen some crashes of LittleBlitzer. I see, that then memory is full of Gull3 exe's which cannot stop! Problem with exiting Gull maybe!?
When I use LB and wanted to pause, I just reduce the number of threads to 0, but never exit the BL. Exiting LB will re-start the whole process.

Regarding Gull, try to enable the log in LB, and see what happened.
Ajedrecista

Re: LittleBlitzer question and possible problem.

Post by Ajedrecista »

Hello Jouni:
Jouni wrote:Program is actually simply awesome. But if I EXIT it can I continue later without losing games? When running gauntlet with Gull 3 I have seen some crashes of LittleBlitzer. I see, that then memory is full of Gull3 exe's which cannot stop! Problem with exiting Gull maybe!?
I have not used LB for two years or so. LB 2.5 (I know it is not the last version) has a button named Pause (zero threads) which should work fine.

I agree with Ferd: log for Gull and not close LB.

Regards from Spain.

Ajedrecista.