Andscacs - New version 0.82

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

cdani

Andscacs - New version 0.82

Post by cdani »

Hi.
I published a new version, 0.82. Is not much stronger, maybe 10 elo or a little more, but I decided to do it anyway as I'm starting to rewrite big parts of it and I wanted to publish my latest version.

http://andscacs.com/andscacs082.zip

It's stronger than 10 elo in multiprocessor mode, because I solved some bugs and also improved it when is using more than 16 cores. The previous version was weaker with 32 cores than with 16, and this version is maybe 20 elo stronger with 32 vs 16 cores.

Changes:
* Solved little bugs.
* Some small speed improvements.
* Improvements on multi processor mode.
* Improved razoring, null move and lmr.
* Don't evaluate king safety on some simple endgames.

I suppose a new stronger version will not be available for some months. It's not easy to reach 3000 CCRL elo starting from 0 :-)
melajara

Re: Andscacs - New version 0.82

Post by melajara »

Thanks.

Would be nice to include your engine in TCEC Season 8, you can do it till tomorrow I think :wink:
Per ardua ad astra
cdani

Post by cdani »

I sent it to the organizers, but they did not tell nothing about it. I suppose is not in his plans. May be another time :-)
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

Congratulations!! :lol:
cdani wrote:I sent it to the organizers, but they did not tell nothing about it. I suppose is not in his plans. May be another time :-)
It seems are more candidates than places to participate.
Thus a previous round could be a solution or think of another solution..

I think that work in Andscas should have that opportunity.
We propose on Facebook and cross your fingers.
cdani

Post by cdani »

Thanks :-) But I also understand that there are other candidates and they must select something. And also Andscacs is not well tested with this amount of cores. I will try next time to have a stronger and more optimized multithreaded version.
mar
Full name: Martin Sedlak

Post by mar »

Congrats :)
Your engine should participate in TCEC, I wonder why they didn't consider including it...
Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias »

cdani wrote:I suppose a new stronger version will not be available for some months. It's not easy to reach 3000 CCRL elo starting from 0 :-)
Well, you should be able to breach the psychological 3100 barrier, with this version. A nice round number, even if your engine doesn't notice :wink:
gerold

Post by gerold »

Thanks Daniel.

Best,
Gerold.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

cdani wrote:Hi.
I published a new version, 0.82. Is not much stronger, maybe 10 elo or a little more, but I decided to do it anyway as I'm starting to rewrite big parts of it and I wanted to publish my latest version.

http://andscacs.com/andscacs082.zip/quote]

Thanks Daniel. :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com
cdani

Post by cdani »

mar wrote:Congrats :)
Your engine should participate in TCEC, I wonder why they didn't consider including it...
Martin of TCEC just wrote me and commented some symptoms that seems to indicate problems with Andscacs and the machine. So I recommended to not use it. I will try work with different machines and configurations to make it more stable for another occasion.