Nirvanachess 1.7 Release

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

cetormenter

Nirvanachess 1.7 Release

Post by cetormenter »

Nirvanachess 1.7 has been released.

Full details can be found at http://nirvanachess.blogspot.com/

As with the previous release there are 2 compiles found within the .rar file. One file is a 64 bit compile, one is a 32 bit compile.

Since Microsoft is no longer supporting Windows xp, I decided to stop supporting it too. There haven't been too many changes since the last version but I have finally gotten clop to behave properly so a few parameters have been cloptimized. I also noticed a few crashes during my last few batches of testing but I think I have narrowed it down and fixed it.
Werner
Full name: Werner Schüle

Re: Nirvanachess 1.7 Release

Post by Werner »

cetormenter wrote:Nirvanachess 1.7 has been released.
As with the previous release there are 2 compiles found within the .rar file. One file is a 64 bit compile, one is a 32 bit compile.
Since Microsoft is no longer supporting Windows xp, I decided to stop supporting it too. There haven't been too many changes since the last version but I have finally gotten clop to behave properly so a few parameters have been cloptimized. I also noticed a few crashes during my last few batches of testing but I think I have narrowed it down and fixed it.
Thanks Thomas for the engine.
BTW: on my pc the engine does not start: missing msvcp120.dll and perhaps some more?
e.g. msvcr120.dll
best wishes
Werner
Mike S.

Post by Mike S. »

Werner wrote:BTW: on my pc the engine does not start: missing msvcp120.dll and perhaps some more?
e.g. msvcr120.dll
Same here, in Windows 8 64-bit. I have added these two DLLs manually, but then I get an application fault: 0xc000007b

(No problems whatsoever with previous versions.)

Thx anyway.
Regards, Mike
Werner
Full name: Werner Schüle

Post by Werner »

Hi Mike,
use these 2 files (64bit):

msvcr120.dll 963.232 22.10.2013 13:14 -a--
msvcp120.dll 660.128 22.10.2013 13:14 -a--
Werner
cetormenter

Post by cetormenter »

Strange. I compiled the same way I have for all of the previous versions. Are you sure you installed the 64 bit dll files? They can be found on the Microsoft website and there is a link to them at the bottom of the readme file located in the rar.
Mike S.

Post by Mike S. »

Thanks to you both; one of my DLLs was wrong. It works now.
Regards, Mike
cdani

Post by cdani »

For those Microsoft dll files, I prefer to insert them into the .exe. It's a lot easier for all the people. Are you using MSVC compiler? It's only a switch.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

cetormenter wrote:Nirvanachess 1.7 has been released.

Thanks Thomas. :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com
cetormenter

Post by cetormenter »

Ah you are correct. I have changed that and those .dlls should no longer be needed in future builds.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

cetormenter wrote:Ah you are correct. I have changed that and those .dlls should no longer be needed in future builds.
If I download the Nirvanachess 1.7 compiles now, will it be okay in this regard or do I still need to find the dll files?
gbanksnz at gmail.com