Deep Junior Yokohama

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Deep Junior Yokohama

Post by Graham Banks »

I must say that I'm enjoying this latest version much more some of its more recent predecessors.
Many entertaining games. 8-)
gbanksnz at gmail.com
kasinp
Full name: Peter Kasinski

Re: Deep Junior Yokohama

Post by kasinp »

Graham Banks wrote:I must say that I'm enjoying this latest version much more some of its more recent predecessors.
Graham,

I wanted to enjoy it :? , however this version crashes in CB gui every ten games or so. It is always with the same non-descript message "caused an exception etc." I have several Win 7 computers and they all suffer the same fate with this version in GUI v.11, 12, 13, and now also 14.

I take it you don't use Chessbase GUI in your test? Which GUIs have you tried and do you see any of the probelms I had?

Thank you,
PK
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

kasinp wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:I must say that I'm enjoying this latest version much more some of its more recent predecessors.
Graham,

I wanted to enjoy it :? , however this version crashes in CB gui every ten games or so. It is always with the same non-descript message "caused an exception etc." I have several Win 7 computers and they all suffer the same fate with this version in GUI v.11, 12, 13, and now also 14.

I take it you don't use Chessbase GUI in your test? Which GUIs have you tried and do you see any of the probelms I had?

Thank you,
PK
Hi Peter,

I've not tried it under a Fritz GUI yet.
I've done all my testing under ChessGUI.

Regards,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
JuLieN
Full name: Julien Marcel

Post by JuLieN »

Lucky you! I'm still waiting for the OSX update... :cry:
http://www.hiarcs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6296
Harvey Williamson wrote:This version is for Windows the Mac version will be available soon!
This was written on October 24th... How much longer can "soon" be?
"The only good bug is a dead bug." (Don Dailey)
[Blog: http://tinyurl.com/predateur ] [Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/fbpredateur ] [MacEngines: http://tinyurl.com/macengines ]
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

kasinp wrote:
Graham,

Thank you,
PK
Same with me. Crashes ALL THE TIME under Fritz GUI, in virtually every game.
Alibaba

Post by Alibaba »

yes the same to me,

this Version is not testable in Fritz GUIs

crashed every 1 or 2 games

Regards
Andi
Aser Huerga

Post by Aser Huerga »

What about Arena or Aquarium, is Deep Junior Yokohama crashing too under these GUIs?
Are the engine MPV capable?

Thanks.
Bloodbane

Post by Bloodbane »

Junior Yokohama is completely stable in Aquarium. I haven't had a single problem with it. Junior does have an multipv option if you meant that by mpv.
Functional programming combines the flexibility and power of abstract mathematics with the intuitive clarity of abstract mathematics.
https://github.com/mAarnos
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

I haven't bought Junior for several years, but the earlier chessbase versions were prone to crashing once in a while.
Graham Banks

Possible solution

Post by Graham Banks »

Werewolf wrote:
kasinp wrote:
Graham,

Thank you,
PK
Same with me. Crashes ALL THE TIME under Fritz GUI, in virtually every game.
Try this.

Create a folder called "Extra Engines for DF14" in your main directory and copy your Deep Junior Yokohama engine folder in there (instead of in the normal ProgramFiles/Chessbase/Engines folder).

Create your engine pointing to there and save your parameters.
Then see if you have any issues.

This worked for me with Hannibal 1.4b and Protector 1.5.0. DF14 didn't want to accept these engines in the normal manner.
gbanksnz at gmail.com