Chiron chess a finished project?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

tomgdrums

Chiron chess a finished project?

Post by tomgdrums »

The Chiron chess site seems to be down and no updates in a long while. I guess it is another engine that has gone away?

It seems that only (of the stronger engines) Houdini, Komodo, Stockfish and Hiarcs are actively being developed or continued at the moment?
Martin Thoresen

Re: Chiron chess a finished project?

Post by Martin Thoresen »

Not true, it will be a while though however.

Regarding nTCEC Season 2 I contacted Andrea and he told me this:

I'm sorry but Chiron will not be ready for next TCEC Season. I've delayed Chiron 2 to sometime in 2014 and I've not yet started working on the parallel search.
uaf
Full name: Ubaldo Andrea Farina

Post by uaf »

tomgdrums wrote:The Chiron chess site seems to be down and no updates in a long while. I guess it is another engine that has gone away?
Yes, Chiron's website is currently down. I'm going to change soon my host since I've been having several problems with the current one for a while.

A new version will be released sometime in 2014, like Martin just said.
Joerg Oster

Post by Joerg Oster »

uaf wrote:
tomgdrums wrote:The Chiron chess site seems to be down and no updates in a long while. I guess it is another engine that has gone away?
Yes, Chiron's website is currently down. I'm going to change soon my host since I've been having several problems with the current one for a while.

Thank you for this info.
Take all the time you need and good luck for the next version.
Jörg Oster
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

I don't think Shredder is dead, but it has been a while since the last version?
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

uaf wrote:

Great news that Chiron is still around!

Can't wait to see the next version.
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

Modern Times wrote:I don't think Shredder is dead, but it has been a while since the last version?
The last Shredder version was 2009 or 2010 I believe.

The author has stated in an email that he is still working on Shredder. Would love to see another Shredder. That was the first engine I ever purchased or used!
Martin Thoresen

Post by Martin Thoresen »

tomgdrums wrote:
Modern Times wrote:I don't think Shredder is dead, but it has been a while since the last version?
The last Shredder version was 2009 or 2010 I believe.

The author has stated in an email that he is still working on Shredder. Would love to see another Shredder. That was the first engine I ever purchased or used!
Seeing you guys want to know about engine releases, here's the latest about Shredder:
Hi Martin,

so far is has been very busy, no update for our schedule for Shredder 13: we hope to be ready for release at the end of this year...

Best regards
Stefan