DanaSah and DanaSah-Z

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

pedrox

DanaSah and DanaSah-Z

Post by pedrox »

A couple of days ago I published a new version of DanaSah, version 5.06, the release of this version is to play the 5th division of the CCRL, no major changes from the version 4.88 or 5.00.

Now I have published DanaSah-Z, this is a derivative of version 4.88 and it is specially designed to play against humans with limited strength.

https://sites.google.com/site/danasah/english/home
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: Dana Z & Ruxy ! -:)

Post by Sylwy »

pedrox wrote:
Now I have published DanaSah-Z, this is a derivative of version 4.88 and it is specially designed to play against humans with limited strength.

https://sites.google.com/site/danasah/english/home

Thank you, Maestro Pedro !

I will study all the evening this new Dana ! :lol:

Best to you !
SilvianR :wink:
pocopito

Re: DanaSah and DanaSah-Z

Post by pocopito »

Glad to hear news about you and DanaSah.

After a quick look I've seen that the see.c file has added some new code and functions: hasn't it imrpoved DanaSah's strength?

Best

E Diaz
Two first meanings of the dutch word "leren":
1. leren [vc] (learn, larn, acquire) acquire or gain knowledge or skills.
2. leren [v] (teach, learn, instruct) impart skills or knowledge to.
pedrox

Re: DanaSah and DanaSah-Z

Post by pedrox »

pocopito wrote:Glad to hear news about you and DanaSah.

After a quick look I've seen that the see.c file has added some new code and functions: hasn't it imrpoved DanaSah's strength?

Best

E Diaz
Hi Emilio.

I have not been successful in implementing a complete Static Exchange Evaluator in DanaSah. Tree is reduced and sometimes much on tactical positions but also it is reducing the number of nodes per second. I think this gives + - 5 Elo if I use SEE to cut into the quiesce.

For this reason I'm still using a badCapture function, which checks if a piece eat antother smaller of the contrary, if this piece is protected by a pawn this mean say it's a bad capture, I use this function to sort the captures into the search and to cut into the quiesce and I think this gives me about 15 Elo points.