wb2uci adaptor,where can I get it? please!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

markchessman

wb2uci adaptor,where can I get it? please!

Post by markchessman »

Hi I've looked all over and can't find the Winboard to UCI adaptor, do you have a copy you can email me? or know where online it is?
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: wb2uci adaptor,where can I get it? please!

Post by Sylwy »

markchessman wrote:Hi I've looked all over and can't find the Winboard to UCI adaptor, do you have a copy you can email me? or know where online it is?
Hello !

Here it is:

http://web.archive.org/web/201205151040 ... kk/Wb2Uci/

Regards,
SilvianR :wink:

PS: don't forget - please - the MateScore=.... line in the Wb2Uci.eng file ! Otherwise the GUI adjudication will be a fiasco !
Last edited by Sylwy on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
markchessman

Post by markchessman »

Wow Ruxy thanks!
ernest

Post by ernest »

Sylwy wrote:PS: don't forget - please - the MateScore=.... line in the Wb2Uci.eng file ! Otherwise the GUI adjudication will be a fiasco !
Hi!

Can you elaborate?...
Paloma
Full name: Herbert L

Post by Paloma »

Sylwy

Re: Yes !

Post by Sylwy »

ernest wrote:
Sylwy wrote:PS: don't forget - please - the MateScore=.... line in the Wb2Uci.eng file ! Otherwise the GUI adjudication will be a fiasco !
Hi!

Can you elaborate?...
Hello !

Yes,of course ! :lol:

1.-A pure Winboard chess engine can play on a GUI compatible with the UCI communication protocol only using the Wb2Uci adapter .
2.-This adapter consists in two files: Wb2Uci.exe and Wb2Uci.eng (well, the logo isn't imperative - Wb2Uci.bmp).
3.-The structure of the Wb2Uci.eng file is extremely important and particular for every WB engine. For example: without a correct mate score line in this file the GUI will do a wrong adjudication ( for example you will see -#21374 instead #2).
Below is (a part ) Silvian's list:

http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 97&t=46876

Have a nice weekend !
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

Sylwy wrote:For example: without a correct mate score line in this file the GUI will do a wrong adjudication ( for example you will see -#21374 instead #2).
This of course is only true for crappy GUIs that do adjudication based on engine scores...
Sylwy

Post by Sylwy »

hgm wrote:
Sylwy wrote:For example: without a correct mate score line in this file the GUI will do a wrong adjudication ( for example you will see -#21374 instead #2).
This of course is only true for crappy GUIs that do adjudication based on engine scores...
Yeah Maestro HGM !

You are , of course, right. We speak here about big commercial success like Fritzy & Shredder GUIs ! :lol:

Have a nice weekend !
hgm

Post by hgm »

Considering the commercial success of MicroSoft that can hardly be used as a recommendation! :wink:

But it seems the GUIs you mention are not really intended for engine-engine games, and that this is also not why people buy them. Chewing gum is a great commercial success, but it really sucks for repairing a flat tire...
hgm

Post by hgm »

SzG wrote:If an engine's MateScore is X and it sees a mate in Y plies then the engine will send a score of X-Y.
This is not what my engines do. Fairy-Max/Micro-Max, Shokidoki and HaQiKi D send X-Y when it is a mate in Y moves, not ply. Joker sends X+Y when it is a mate in Y moves.