Glass news

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

PK

Glass news

Post by PK »

After a long hiatus, me and Edmund Moshammer decided to release a thing called "Glass 2.0 PERSONALITY". It's available at:

http://www.pkoziol.cal24.pl/glass/download.htm

It is also the last version using our current codebase. We plan a rewrite, intending to develop new Glass as an engine meant primarily for commentary and analysis. Some preliminary work has already been done, but it is certainly going to be a long journey. Wish us good luck!
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Re: Glass news

Post by hgm »

A bit off topic: can you fix Oberon? It prints "done=1" in stead of "feature done=1".
PK

Post by PK »

HGM, I'm in process of fixing the laptop where I have a copy of Oberon :(
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

PK wrote:HGM, I'm in process of fixing the laptop where I have a copy of Oberon :(
Oh, lets's hope you can raise him from the dead, then. It would be a real pity if he was lost forever. :?
PK

Post by PK »

Thanks Gabor, it was a typo on a download page :oops: Fixed now.
beachknight

Post by beachknight »

SzG wrote:
PK wrote:After a long hiatus, me and Edmund Moshammer decided to release a thing called "Glass 2.0 PERSONALITY". It's available at:

It is also the last version using our current codebase. We plan a rewrite, intending to develop new Glass as an engine meant primarily for commentary and analysis. Some preliminary work has already been done, but it is certainly going to be a long journey. Wish us good luck!
Pawel, the download file is Glass 1.9.
Gabor, the file seems to be updated.

Best,
hi, merhaba, hallo HT
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Why no 64-bit compile of the "weak" personality version ?
pedrox

Post by pedrox »

hgm wrote:A bit off topic: can you fix Oberon? It prints "done=1" in stead of "feature done=1".
Maybe you can use InBetween and replace "done = 1" by "feature done = 1"

InBetween.ini -->

[Server2Client]
; Set the translation of server response to the client here.
; Format:
; serverword := clientword
done = 1 := feature done = 1
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

PK wrote:After a long hiatus, me and Edmund Moshammer decided to release a thing called "Glass 2.0 PERSONALITY". It's available at:

Thanks and good luck. :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Edmund

Post by Edmund »

Modern Times wrote:Why no 64-bit compile of the "weak" personality version ?
We didn't supply one in the past in the official distribution package and also this time I didn't see a need for a 64-bit compile.

It is true that Glass gains a lot in speed from switching to 64bit. However the "weak"-version is intended for Engine vs Human play and for that purpose it doesn’t really matter whether you have a couple of Elo more or not.

So in order to keep the distribution package small I decided on omitting the 64bit version.

Are you having troubles using the x86 compile on your machine?
If you are planning on running personality tournaments, I am sure we can find a special arrangement.