Houdini 3 for Android - Translations

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Houdini

Houdini 3 for Android - Translations

Post by Houdini »

The release of Houdini 3 for Android is approaching fast.

We need your help in translating the interface in different languages.
Currently we have French and Dutch translations of the English original, and a Spanish version in the works.
It would be very nice if some of you would be willing to translate the labels in your mother tongue. There are about 300 labels to translate, it should probably take no more than 2 hours (that’s how much time the French version took me).

We're looking forward to translations in any language supported by Android, including German, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Swedish, Turkish, Arabic, Hebrew, Polish, Romanian, ...

If you're interested, send an e-mail to houdini@cruxis.be and we will send you all the necessary information. A good translation will earn you a free Houdini license!

Cheers,
Robert

P.S. I hope this message is appropriate for this forum, if not the moderators can feel free to move or remove it.
royb

Re: Houdini 3 for Android - Translations

Post by royb »

Robert,

Is an iPad version also coming? Some of us have Android phones and iPad for a tablet. :-)
Zhu.Jianzhao

Post by Zhu.Jianzhao »

I want to help, translate English to Chinese:)
Houdini

Post by Houdini »

royb wrote:Robert,

Is an iPad version also coming? Some of us have Android phones and iPad for a tablet. :-)
Roy, we certainly plan on releasing an iPad/iPhone version later, but currently the focus is on the Android version.
One step at the time...

Robert
JuLieN
Full name: Julien Marcel

Post by JuLieN »

Houdini wrote:
royb wrote:Robert,

Roy, we certainly plan on releasing an iPad/iPhone version later, but currently the focus is on the Android version.
One step at the time...

Robert
Excellent! Looking forward to adding Houdini to my iOs Tournament! :)
"The only good bug is a dead bug." (Don Dailey)
[Blog: http://tinyurl.com/predateur ] [Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/fbpredateur ] [MacEngines: http://tinyurl.com/macengines ]
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

Hope that Android version is released soon. Hope that it is not a basic port of Houdini engine into a crappy GUI and that much thought has gone into features like PGN search and filtering, multiple PV, move elimination , multiple board and piece sets available. Anyway from what I have seen on your Facebook site it looks like you are making good progress. I can't help with native translation as I only know Maori as 2nd language and that not supported by Android.
Houdini

Post by Houdini »

Cubeman wrote:Hope that Android version is released soon. Hope that it is not a basic port of Houdini engine into a crappy GUI and that much thought has gone into features like PGN search and filtering, multiple PV, move elimination , multiple board and piece sets available. Anyway from what I have seen on your Facebook site it looks like you are making good progress. I can't help with native translation as I only know Maori as 2nd language and that not supported by Android.
It's definitely not a "quick and dirty" port, a lot of hard work has gone into it.
There's multi-PV, alternative best move, search move selection, multiple piece sets and board textures, game annotation, 400 chess puzzles, etc.
All this presented in what I hope is an intuitive and user-friendly GUI.
It won't be perfect at the first version, but we're trying to make it as good as possible.

Robert
Houdini

Post by Houdini »

We have now had offers to help for the following languages: Bulgarian, Czech, German, Greek, Spanish, American Spanish, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Ukrainian and Chinese. Amazing support from the community, thank you!

From the list of supported languages of Android the following are still available: Arabic, Catalan, Danish, Finnish, Hebrew, Hindi, Croatian, Hungarian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Latvian, Polish, Slovenian, Serbian, Thai, Tagalog, Turkish and Vietnamese.

If you're fluent in one of these languages and you're willing to help, please send an e-mail to houdini@cruxis.be.

Cheers,
Robert
h1a8

Post by h1a8 »

Awesome! Thank you Robert for this. Can't wait for ipad version as well.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Looking forward to an eventual iPhone version. Should be a real moneymaker!