Universal Chessbot Client V2

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

dbxuau

Universal Chessbot Client V2

Post by dbxuau »

As posted on openchess...

Hello, I am releasing my version 2 of the UCC which has many features and optimizations over V1. It will allow the following:

- Play against any GUI
- Automove mode | engine vs engine (e.g. UCC vs Arena or engine vs engine over a network)
- Training mode (no automove but display multiple PV lines real-time)
---+ Display mini visualization board with arrows for moves to make (green for strongest, blue for 2nd strongest etc)
- Complete UCI engine protocol support with full parameter control
- Use Various opening book formats
- Clock time management
- Toggle between standard or Chess 960 mode
- Export game logs as .pgn
- Many other features I forgot to list

I know some of you might be complaining about cheating on websites, but I feel the liberty of the user should not be stifled as it can be a handy training tool in other scenarios. I have quite the elaborate activation scheme (crackers goodluck) so this will not be spreading on the net to destroy internet chess. On the contrary I feel people can use this tool to deliberately play engines vs engines. I am open to any ideas or comments you all have.

This is being released May 26th for $10 USD

Here is a video of an early alpha build. What now exists is far more complete. -Cheers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOpx9pZGq7k
dbxuau

Re: Universal Chessbot Client V2

Post by dbxuau »

Launching home page:
http://chessbot.weebly.com

Let me know if anyone has questions - peace.
Mithu

Post by Mithu »

I was not able to access your webpage and later found out that its now Chessbot.net. A very fast delivery that amazed me!

A kind deed by Jay dee was he granted permission for many things way beyond normal usage. And that too clearing all my doubts patiently in Teamviewer + Skype late at night when you would like to forget all work and hit the bed. And he was real fast in doing so many things I almost sat like a statue while he was whizzing past the configurations in Teamviewer - almost to the point of making me feel like a child in front of a professor!

I truly appreciate that!

Now coming to the usage part - Many of you may think its some sort of a cheat program for online chess but that is a wrong thing to do as it won't make you stronger. It has a far better usage scenario and that is something I am exploring right now. For eg: It is a very valuable tool to play different type of engines as not all are UCI. A case in point is the ChessPartner engines or the Chessgenius Engine as they are in different formats.

Previously it was done by the serial cable (that too limited to supporting programs) but now this is far better and easier!

Another option is the use of Arena Book in the config that will help battle out specific variations with different engines.

The emotions of seeing a hitherto unbeaten engine (Chess Genius) being crushed by Stockfish or Critter right in front of your eyes (as tho' two GMs are playing right in front of you) is something that you must experience for yourselves!

Looks like I will be occupied for quite sometime (and to top it he will be releasing some interesting updates soon)! I will also be trying the netchess utility to play engines against each other over LAN with their own dedicated computers but that is a different story!
Thank you JayDee... You are a Gentleman!
dbxuau

Post by dbxuau »

Thank you for the review. Yes indeed the site website has changed to www.chessbot.net and "manual mode" is days away from being implemented.