cheng3 1.07 released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Werner
Full name: Werner Schüle

Re: cheng3 1.07 released

Post by Werner »

mar wrote:yes that sounds like a bug. it only looks in the default path :oops:
Will fix that ASAP, thanks Werner!
Hi Martin,

which is default path??
\gtb\ inside the engine path does not work.
Werner
mar
Full name: Martin Sedlak

Post by mar »

geots wrote: Thanks also from me. Would it be possible for you to get me the address of the girl/woman/lady, whatever, in the picture on your site where she is removing something from her purse? :roll:

george
I would like that too. But I was too drunk. All I can tell you is she's probably from Slovakia :)

Martin
mar

Post by mar »

Werner wrote:
mar wrote:yes that sounds like a bug. it only looks in the default path :oops:
Will fix that ASAP, thanks Werner!
Hi Martin,

which is default path??
\gtb\ inside the engine path does not work.
Strange. c:\gtb works for me. But i only have 1 disk.

Martin
Werner
Full name: Werner Schüle

Post by Werner »

Hi Martin,
that`s funny :)
I copied the tbs inside the folder c:\gtb
...and now I found the uci commands and could set the correct path to my memory stick!
I have started to test the engine now.
Werner
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Thanks Martin for yet another great release :D

A small question:
How can I create different personalities for Cheng3....I assume by changing the CPR file and leaving it in the same folder :!: :?:
Cheers,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
mar

Post by mar »

Werner wrote:Hi Martin,
that`s funny :)
I copied the tbs inside the folder c:\gtb
...and now I found the uci commands and could set the correct path to my memory stick!
I have started to test the engine now.
My apologies again. I outsmarted myself again just before the release. Since it already works for you, you don't have to wait for the update :)

Thanks and looking forward to see the results!

Martin
mar

Post by mar »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:Thanks Martin for yet another great release :D

A small question:
How can I create different personalities for Cheng3....I assume by changing the CPR file and leaving it in the same folder :!: :?:
Cheers,
Dr.D
Hi Dr.D!

Thank you!

You can create the .cpr files anywhere (even the extension isn't mandatory). To load the personality you have to either set it up in the GUI (PersonalityFile parameter) = path to file. For example setting it to plus1000elo.cpr :)
Or the same can be done by passing -personality filename parameter on the command line. Hope it helps. Note that default.cpr is only a template and is not loaded by default.
Have fun

Martin
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

mar wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:Thanks Martin for yet another great release :D

A small question:
Cheers,
Dr.D
Hi Dr.D!

Thank you!

You can create the .cpr files anywhere (even the extension isn't mandatory). To load the personality you have to either set it up in the GUI (PersonalityFile parameter) = path to file. For example setting it to plus1000elo.cpr :)
Or the same can be done by passing -personality filename parameter on the command line. Hope it helps. Note that default.cpr is only a template and is not loaded by default.
Have fun

Martin
Thanks buddy....all clear now....

Creating a plus 1000 Elo personality and going commercial regards :D ,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
mar

Post by mar »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote: Thanks buddy....all clear now....

Creating a plus 1000 Elo personality and going commercial regards :D ,
Dr.D
Looking forward :)

Martin
lucasart
Full name: lucasart

Post by lucasart »

mar wrote:Hi all,

the new version of cheng is available here as usual: http://www.vlasak.biz/cheng/
Thanks go to Jim Ablett who was kind enough to build the Windows PGO versions for me and of course Emil Vlasak for hosting.

Changes: some minor eval tweaking, futility pruning at higher depths, removed old ugly zobrist table. It's still ugly but 400kB worth of source code smaller. Estimated elo gain: +20 to +30 but I was wrong many times before anyway.

Note that this version supports personality files, see readme. There should be a plenty of parameters to play with.

There are also experimental Linux and OSX builds (both x64 only, no tablebases because I'm too lazy). Should work fine under XBoard + polyglot (tested in Ubuntu) and under SigmaChess (OSX).

have fun!

Martin
Ah, finally a Linux version, awesome!
I'll test asap, results available tomorrow, see: "Open Source Blitz Rating List" in tournament forum