Dorky 4.0 released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

mmcknight

Dorky 4.0 released

Post by mmcknight »

For the first time in over 7 years, there is a new version of Dorky. Now including Nalimov egtb and parallel search. Please download here: http://mmcknight.home.insightbb.com/

Enjoy!

Matt
Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Dorky 4.0 released

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

mmcknight wrote:For the first time in over 7 years, there is a new version of Dorky. Now including Nalimov egtb and parallel search. Please download here: http://mmcknight.home.insightbb.com/

Enjoy!

Matt
Thanks Matt,will be tested at once :D
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

mmcknight wrote:For the first time in over 7 years, there is a new version of Dorky. Now including Nalimov egtb and parallel search. Please download here: http://mmcknight.home.insightbb.com/

Enjoy!

Matt
Thanks Matt. Roughly how strong is this latest version?

Cheers,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
mmcknight

Post by mmcknight »

Hi Graham,

Thanks for asking. The newest version tests at 150 ELO higher than version 3.3 which is the strongest of all the releases. It turns out my testing for 3.45 and 3.48 was not good. This value is with many games at short time controls 60+1 and 180+0 using only one CPU per engine. The new version is now aware of the conventional time control (like 40/5) whereas previous versions were not, so at that format the strength is even +10 ELO more. Also, since the newest version supports SMP, strength is even higher when using multiple cores.

Matt
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Thanks Matt for the notification,all good now :D
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
mmcknight

Post by mmcknight »

I updated the binaries after the release because I had used a compiler flag that left some debug code in. The code wasn't being called but made for a slightly larger binary. Please redownload if you are going to be testing. I didn't want to change the version number because there are no code changes, just some code being removed by re-compile.

Thanks,
Matt
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

mmcknight wrote:Hi Graham,

Thanks for asking. The newest version tests at 150 ELO higher than version 3.3 which is the strongest of all the releases. It turns out my testing for 3.45 and 3.48 was not good. This value is with many games at short time controls 60+1 and 180+0 using only one CPU per engine. The new version is now aware of the conventional time control (like 40/5) whereas previous versions were not, so at that format the strength is even +10 ELO more. Also, since the newest version supports SMP, strength is even higher when using multiple cores.

Matt
Thanks Matt. Here's the logo I'll use.

gbanksnz at gmail.com
mmcknight

Post by mmcknight »

Gabor,

It's not pondering if you have given the 'easy' command, but the child thread is spin-waiting. I am going to fix this and release a new version, because I don't like burning CPU unless i'm searching chess trees. Thanks for the heads-up.

Matt
Martin Thoresen

Post by Martin Thoresen »

Graham Banks wrote: Thanks Matt. Roughly how strong is this latest version?

Cheers,
Graham.
I am also interested in this.

Best,
Martin
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Martin Thoresen wrote:
Graham Banks wrote: Thanks Matt. Roughly how strong is this latest version?

Cheers,
Graham.
I am also interested in this.

Best,
Martin
Seems to be roughly on a par with Ares 1.004.
gbanksnz at gmail.com