Jazz r444

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Evert

Jazz r444

Post by Evert »

I've uploaded revision 444 of Jazz, available from http://www.eglebbk.dds.nl/program/chess-download.html
This update fixes a problem that caused crashes in 32 bit mode. I guess my next project is to make sure 32-bit builds are not twice as slow as 64-bit builds.

Windows binaries to follow.
Evert

Re: Jazz r444

Post by Evert »

32 and 64 bit Windows builds are now available (by Jim Ablett, thanks Jim!).
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Evert wrote:32 and 64 bit Windows builds are now available (by Jim Ablett, thanks Jim!).
Thanks Evert and Jim. Will try later. :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

Evert wrote:32 and 64 bit Windows builds are now available (by Jim Ablett, thanks Jim!).
It locks up the minute it hits a fail low or high.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
Evert

Post by Evert »

Albert Silver wrote:It locks up the minute it hits a fail low or high.
Not for me.
Do you have a position that shows the problem so I can try to reproduce it locally?
Evert

Post by Evert »

Linux binaries are now available as well.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Graham Banks wrote:
Thanks Evert and Jim. Will try later. :)
From looking at the read me file, I gather that Jazz doesn't yet understand x moves in y minutes time controls?
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Evert

Post by Evert »

Graham Banks wrote:From looking at the read me file, I gather that Jazz doesn't yet understand x moves in y minutes time controls?
No, that section of the readme file is perhaps a bit confusing/misleading: it refers to Jazz' own GUI, which I don't actually use much for playing games and therefore hasn't been updated with anything more sophisticated.
When used as an XBoard or UCI engine, Jazz should respond correctly to whatever time control you give it (my initial testing has mainly been done with a Fischer clock, but recently I've used more standard time control as well. Sjaak played in the Thermopylae tournament with exactly the same time management code).
Can't guarantee it won't lose on time, though it should hopefully be rare that it does so.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Evert wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:From looking at the read me file, I gather that Jazz doesn't yet understand x moves in y minutes time controls?
No, that section of the readme file is perhaps a bit confusing/misleading: it refers to Jazz' own GUI, which I don't actually use much for playing games and therefore hasn't been updated with anything more sophisticated.
When used as an XBoard or UCI engine, Jazz should respond correctly to whatever time control you give it (my initial testing has mainly been done with a Fischer clock, but recently I've used more standard time control as well. Sjaak played in the Thermopylae tournament with exactly the same time management code).
Can't guarantee it won't lose on time, though it should hopefully be rare that it does so.
Thanks for the clarification Evert. :)

Cheers,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com