An interesting possibility for those interested in AI

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

noctiferus

An interesting possibility for those interested in AI

Post by noctiferus »

Moderators, I'm not sure it's allowed here, it's slightly out of topic, but may be useful to some people in our community: feel free to delete, if not ok.

A great university is now offering free on-line some advanced courses in machine learing, graphical models for dependency and causality relations among random variables, with apps.
Just started, or starting in a few days- free subscription: IMHO, a great service to the community (please note: I've no relation with that university).

if it's OK, I'll post here the link.
michiguel

Re: An interesting possibility for those interested in AI

Post by michiguel »

noctiferus wrote:Moderators, I'm not sure it's allowed here, it's slightly out of topic, but may be useful to some people in our community: feel free to delete, if not ok.

A great university is now offering free on-line some advanced courses in machine learing, graphical models for dependency and causality relations among random variables, with apps.
Just started, or starting in a few days- free subscription: IMHO, a great service to the community (please note: I've no relation with that university).

if it's OK, I'll post here the link.
I do not see the problem. There is a tradition of allowing other games in the forum, as long as it relates to AI. Since never they flooded the forum, it was never an issue. Maybe the people at the programming forum would appreciate it better.

Miguel
noctiferus

Post by noctiferus »

Ok, Miguel:
I'm attending to 2 Stanford course (only curiosity, after my retirement), anyway there is a big choice (not only from Stanford).

https://www.coursera.org/landing/hub.php

ciao
e

PS- I'll try to post in programming subforum too, as suggested.
arenati

Post by arenati »

noctiferus wrote:Ok, Miguel:
I'm attending to 2 Stanford course (only curiosity, after my retirement), anyway there is a big choice (not only from Stanford).

https://www.coursera.org/landing/hub.php

ciao
e

PS- I'll try to post in programming subforum too, as suggested.
Thanks Enrico, very interesting.
I'm thinking about following the Game Theory course which starts on March 19th.
noctiferus

Post by noctiferus »

This is now my 3rd course: i studied Game Theory in my university 45 years ago: curious to see the advances.

One thing is interesting: none is forced to follow their fixed schedule...
I'm sure I'll have a busy summer. :lol:
Daniel Shawul

Post by Daniel Shawul »

I attended one from stanford about MDPs during google ai challenge. If that course is offered again, I would attend because I think I may have got a C in that course :)
noctiferus

Post by noctiferus »

Please, tell me about your experience, Daniel.

I looked at a book on which one of the courses should be based ( Daphne's one). Are they as interesting as I think? (anyway it's worth of studying them. in MHO, isn't it?).

Did you keep their schedule, in order to get their rating, of course?

I understand you can take docs, and work them later, even if not getting grades. Am I right?...
Txs for attention.

Best wishes for your next A+.
ciao
enrico
Daniel Shawul

Post by Daniel Shawul »

Sorry to disappoint you but I was a lazy student at the time, which is why I want to take it again now. I was desperately looking for algorithms to improve my "robotic exploration algorithm" for the ai competition. But indeed the course was very good, especially for something they call introductory. "Introduction to artificial intelligence" http://www.stanford.edu/class/cs221/index.html .It is a good chance for those of us interested in AI but didn't get formal education in a university.
cheers
Daniel
noctiferus

Post by noctiferus »

Yes, I imagined what course you were attending: a very good one, but, definitely, not specific for your interestes.
We were using Norvig's book for a mandatory 1st year course in AI and DM speciastistic degree (students 21-22 years old).