Will Connie Ever Castle??

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Will Connie Eventually Castle?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:23 pm

1.YES..She will 0-0
50%
2.YES..She will 0-0-0
40%
3.NO ..She Will NEVER Castle
10%

Total votes: 10

Steve B

Will Connie Ever Castle??

Post by Steve B »

The Current position in the GM Kaufman v Constellation 3.6 QR Odds game is..

[d] r3k2r/pbppnppp/1pn5/4Pq2/2B5/B1Q2N1P/P4PP1/5RK1 w kq - 0 14

GM Kaufman (White) is on the move
Connie has the black pieces

Connie it seems has been a bit hesitant to Castle and this poll wonders what the members following the game think she will do about it
Steve B

Re: Will Connie Ever Castle??

Post by Steve B »

oops
i think all member created polls are disabled while the election for moderators is ongoing...

i was able to get a vote in but i think no one else will be able to until the election ends later today

On Hold Regards
Steve
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Steve B wrote:oops
i think all member created polls are disabled while the election for moderators is ongoing...

i was able to get a vote in but i think no one else will be able to until the election ends later today

On Hold Regards
Steve
double oops
seems members can indeed vote
:P
Steve
gerold

Post by gerold »

If i was making the move i would castle Queen side.

If White starts attacking the black Queen it may be awhile
before Black can castle.

Best,
Gerold.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Steve B wrote:Connie it seems has been a bit hesitant to Castle and this poll wonders what the members following the game think she will do about it
The semi-open files on the queenside will put her off castling long. I'm picking she'll castle kingside. :P
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Graham Banks wrote:
Steve B wrote:Connie it seems has been a bit hesitant to Castle and this poll wonders what the members following the game think she will do about it
The semi-open files on the queenside will put her off castling long. I'm picking she'll castle kingside. :P
She may not like the pin on her Night...with such a material plus I'd say it's not overly concerned about King safety regarding semi-open files.

My guess is a 0-0-0 as it's safe here. It depends too on how far the Connie searches.

You might be able to determine this one on a coin toss as it's a close call for the computer's eval I would guess?

I'm a little worried for Larry at this point....a Q-Rook is a big disadvantage worth about 500 rating points at least and the Connie hasn't made any real mistakes, yet.
Terry McCracken
gerold

Post by gerold »

Terry McCracken wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
She may not like the pin on her Night...with such a material plus I'd say it's not overly concerned about King safety regarding semi-open files.

My guess is a 0-0-0 as it's safe here. It depends too on how far the Connie searches.

You might be able to determine this one on a coin toss as it's a close call for the computer's eval I would guess?

I'm a little worried for Larry at this point....a Q-Rook is a big disadvantage worth about 500 rating points at least and the Connie hasn't made any real mistakes, yet.
You got that right. Connie has played a nice game so far.
If White plays Re1 Connie has a good chance to castle
Queen side and have a big plus.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Terry McCracken wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

I'm trying to think like an 80's dedicated here, not like a human. :wink:
Let's see what happens. I'll be impressed if she castles long, and yes, Larry will really be up against it then.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

It must take the long castle 8-)
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Graham Banks wrote:
me too
i think she will 0-0
but my guess is as good as anyones

the interesting thing for me is i have no clue what she will do
this version of the Novag Constellation Series had no LCD display so i cant see the anticipated line of play when she is on the move
there is also no evaluation function so i cant see how she numerically evaluates the position
there is one option called "Show Moves"
by lighting up the board leds she will only show the move she is currently going to make while she is pondering and on the move ..one ply deep .. not even the opponents reply
the first time i will get an inkling of her intentions is when i enter Larry's move and she begins pondering her reply

even though she played b6 and Bb7 i voted she will still castle 0-0
of course as Gerold pointed out earlier ... if Larry starts chasing her Q around . Castling will be put on the back burner for certain

Clueless Regards
Steve