Impact of ICD Policy no links to pirates ?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Hood

Re: Impact of ICD Policy no links to pirates ?

Post by Hood »

The question is?

Would be the point of view changed by admins and sponsors if the Open forum had been not created!

I suppose that change has occurred because of long 'waiting' period before the turn.

Competition is always healthy. The idea of independent forum is good.
It would be nice if Talkchess can be such one but it was 'sold' as i understand. Because it is owned by business it will move sooner or later in the marketing direction.
Polish National tragedy in Smoleńsk. President and all delegation murdered or killed.
Cui bono ?

There are not bugs free programs.
There are programs with undiscovered bugs.

Ashes to ashes dust to dust. Alleluia.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Hood wrote:The question is?

Would be the point of view changed by admins and sponsors if the Open forum had been not created!

I suppose that change has occurred because of long 'waiting' period before the turn.

Competition is always healthy. The idea of independent forum is good.
It would be nice if Talkchess can be such one but it was 'sold' as i understand. Because it is owned by business it will move sooner or later in the marketing direction.
the sponsorship never changed their minds on anything
the issue is interpretation of what they said
anyway..welcome back to the forum Hetman
we here at the CCC have an OPEN TENT philosophy
we will take anyone back with OPEN arms
(assuming of course they have less then 50 posts on the other forum)

Best Regards
Steve
frankp

Post by frankp »

Dann Corbit wrote:[
Anyway, I am glad to see the new forum. I do wish that those who want to be whinging twits would confine their whinging to the new forum.
Your optimism has to be respected.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Albert Silver wrote:
You may not approve of the moderation that has transpired here in the last group of mods, but moderation is a *good* thing IMHO.
agreed
certainly at least SOME moderation needs to take place on every board
im told there are threads/posts there mentioning members by name here and even a whole thread devoted to vitriol against one member here...sorry but thats just not right
thats sounds like a completely unmoderated board to me and reminiscent of the old RGCC days

too much as well as too little moderation ..both should be avoided like the plague

Fair And Balanced Regards
Steve
Roger Brown

Post by Roger Brown »

Graham Banks wrote:
Posts were never moved from the Tournaments subforum into the EO subforum.
With regards to results being posted in the EO subforum, my fellow moderators were okay with not moving them if you remember correctly. The following was Jeremy's response to you after I consulted whether or not we should move such posts:

Hello Graham,

Please tilt at the correct windmill.

I never said that posts were moved from the Tournaments subforum to EOF.

In fact, if you had read carefully before posting, you would realise that my point was that stuff should have been moved out from EOF as it did not belong there.

As for the material you quoted, seems ironic now.

Later.
Roger Brown

Post by Roger Brown »

Steve B wrote:
actually Roger i think this is only natural
its still only 3 weeks since the creation of OPEN
a forum created by currently standing moderators here no less and for what i feel are somewhat nebulous and dubious reasons
the stated reasons were Sponsor interference and extremist closed minded moderation here on the CCC
a situation that was not true in the first case(as it turns out) and in the latter case not true in prior mod terms

its not like the two forums differ in any meaningful way in reality (other then they dont hold elections which is a huge difference ) and your analogy of differing engines-Gui's simply does not hold up
with one month to go before elections all of these real or perceived complaints could have been remedied
one would have hoped that currently standing moderators would be the last to split the forum this way especially with elections looming large
the timing of it all just doesn't sit well with me
thats my chief complaint

now...other then this..
what else do we disagree on ?
:P
Steve

Hello Steve,

Well I disagree with you disagreeing with me!

How about that for being obstinate?

:-)

There is much in what you say Steve but can we at least agree that there must have been something in the background to cause persons to behave as they did? Assuming, of course, that we are willing to view others we disagree with as being as rational as we are until proven otherwise?

I mean, it seems to go beyond mere coincidence that there are related issues in recent moderators abandoning their posts...

Later.
Hood

Post by Hood »

Steve B wrote: the sponsorship never changed their minds on anything
the issue is interpretation of what they said
anyway..welcome back to the forum Hetman
we here at the CCC have an OPEN TENT philosophy
we will take anyone back with OPEN arms
(assuming of course they have less then 50 posts on the other forum)

Best Regards
Steve

It was long interpretation time, very long. So allow me to have some doubts. :-(

50 posts :-). I think i will pass that border on the Open soon :-) .
I have never left away CCC so i do not need to go back :-). See my thread "Save what ...."

I am Hood, explained that earlier on joking way here. :-) (help and suggestions). So pleese do not mix me with someone else but similar.

If you are interested in details we have PM feature.
Last edited by Hood on Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Polish National tragedy in Smoleńsk. President and all delegation murdered or killed.
Cui bono ?

There are not bugs free programs.
There are programs with undiscovered bugs.

Ashes to ashes dust to dust. Alleluia.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Roger Brown wrote:
Steve B wrote:
a forum created by currently standing moderators here no less and for what i feel are somewhat nebulous and dubious reasons
the stated reasons were Sponsor interference and extremist closed minded moderation here on the CCC
a situation that was not true in the first case(as it turns out) and in the latter case not true in prior mod terms

its not like the two forums differ in any meaningful way in reality (other then they dont hold elections which is a huge difference ) and your analogy of differing engines-Gui's simply does not hold up
with one month to go before elections all of these real or perceived complaints could have been remedied
one would have hoped that currently standing moderators would be the last to split the forum this way especially with elections looming large
thats my chief complaint

now...other then this..
Steve

Hello Steve,

There is much in what you say Steve but can we at least agree that there must have been something in the background to cause persons to behave as they did? Assuming, of course, that we are willing to view others we disagree with as being as rational as we are until proven otherwise?

I mean, it seems to go beyond mere coincidence that there are related issues in recent moderators abandoning their posts...

Later.
Agreed Regards
Steve
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

Steve B wrote:
Roger Brown wrote:
Steve B wrote:

thats my chief complaint

now...other then this..
Steve

Hello Steve,

Later.
Agreed Regards
Steve
Well you both remember over a year ago and you do know who were the first to post there. You also know who Swami is associated with. It does not require brain surgery to work the rest out. It was planned, quite some time in advance in fact (but don't tell them I said that......it's a secret).

:)