My recent correspondence with Vasik Rajlich

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

IWB

Re: My recent correspondence with Vasik Rajlich

Post by IWB »

Hello

I found this thread by luck today and I stumbled over the following:
Sven Schüle wrote:
VR: Anonymous engines are not accepted by the CC community, so there is no hurry.

SS: What makes you believe this is true? My impression is different, currently the CC community seems to be thinking like 50-50 about that, which may be surprising but is mainly driven by the "innocent until proven guilty" argument. Clearing the case once and for all very soon would be better than waiting, IMHO.

VR: I meant rating lists, tournaments, etc. No doubt a lot of users won't really care about anything I have to say. :-)
Let me put this as I understand it: The rating list (among others reasons) did not test 'alleged' clones, therefore there is no need for further illustration ...

English is not my mother language, but if I get it right I am a bit stumped about the argument as well as about the simpleness on how to get a solution for the problem.
Seeing that my carying for 8 monthes was the reason for my worries makes me think I made the right decision a few days ago!

Bye
Ingo