My recent correspondence with Vasik Rajlich

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

mariaclara

Re: My recent correspondence with Vasik Rajlich

Post by mariaclara »

:idea: I feel this is common sense,

a vital part of person's "psyche"

:arrow: A person's honor/reputation is very important.

If I'm correct, countries even went to war over honor/reputation.

R. Hyatt:

If one cares about his/her reputation, then one will take the necessary time to defend it when necessary. One will take the necessary time to produce supporting data if it is available.

................. Mu Shin ..........................
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

mariaclara wrote::idea: I feel this is common sense,

a vital part of person's "psyche"

:arrow: A person's honor/reputation is very important.

If I'm correct, countries even went to war over honor/reputation.

R. Hyatt:

If one cares about his/her reputation, then one will take the necessary time to defend it when necessary. One will take the necessary time to produce supporting data if it is available.
i.e., might (going to war) makes right (reputation)?
oreopoulos

Post by oreopoulos »

I wonder, did you get permission to publish private emails?
Private emails, like private conversations are not to be published without the consent of both sides. Without the consent its illegal.
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

oreopoulos wrote:I wonder, did you get permission to publish private emails?
Private emails, like private conversations are not to be published without the consent of both sides. Without the consent its illegal.
There will only be a problem if Vas decides to sue him, which I think is pretty doubtful. {read:no way there will be a problem}

However, I think it was a mistake to publish them. If Vas wanted them public, he would have made them public. I have a similar collection of email from Vas that I do not post because he never asked me to do it.
Roger Brown

Post by Roger Brown »

Hello Oreopoulos,

This is taken from Sven's first post in this thread.

Note the section in bold and underlined:

Dear readers,

in case someone is interested, please find below the full contents of an email dialogue I had with Vasik Rajlich during the past two days. I did not remove or edit any part of the original emails except mail addresses, line break issues, and presentation of URLs. Both involved parties explicitly allow publishing of these emails in the TalkChess forum.

Later.
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

If you read the actual emails you will see:
Date: Sat, 12. Jun 2010 13:59:04

Hi Vasik,

many thanks for your immediate reply! The following points are still open for me, sorry for bothering you again:

1) Do you agree that I publish our email correspondence on TalkChess?
Date: Sun, 13. Jun 2010 11:36:19

Hi Sven,

(1) Sure, that's no problem.

Albert
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
oreopoulos

Post by oreopoulos »

Oh thx. I did read the post twice, but it seems missed it.

mea culpa...
Alexander Schmidt

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

Sven Schüle wrote:I do consider the theory that the initial working code base of Ippolit was another engine, like Kaissa, as not bad. Indeed I think it is quite likely, taking into account the many differences that have been found between Ippolit and R3,
Exactly Sven. Thats what I am talking about. In this important point you changed your mind.

But VR says Ipp*** is a decompiled Rybka with changes. That's unlikely considdering the differences.

You find your previous answers in EOF. It's not necessary to repeat all the stuff. We can move the further discussion to EOF to keep the general forum cleaner :)

Best wishes,
Alex
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Alexander Schmidt wrote:
You find your previous answers in EOF. It's not necessary to repeat all the stuff. We can move the further discussion to EOF to keep the general forum cleaner :)

Best wishes,
Alex
are your guys actually DEBATING these issues in your new forum or is everybody drinking koolaid and celebrating already?
here we have debate..both sides

i see the Internet regarding CC this way now
on the far right ..we have the commercial interests who allow no discussion of any kind ..verbotin.....its our way or the highway...have a nice day..

to the far left..we have you guys and your new forum
everyone agreeing beforehand that every engine is fine and dandy..here's the links..go enjoy yourselves
we might have elections or maybe not
who knows or who even cares..here are your links

and in the middle
STILL ..to this day...13+ years and counting.. the Premiere site on the net for CC
the industry watchdog..
Where lively debate is always welcome and indeed encouraged

so tell me Alexander..are there raging debates going on over there?

Koolaid Regards
Steve
Roger Brown

Post by Roger Brown »

Steve B wrote:
are your guys actually DEBATING these issues in your new forum or is everybody drinking koolaid and celebrating already?
here we have debate..both sides

Hello Steve,

You do know that there are persons who might disagree with this? Particularly with the censoring, moving and deleting that took place here in the recent past?

Steve B wrote: i see the Internet regarding CC this way now
on the far right ..we have the commercial interests who allow no discussion of any kind ..verbotin.....its our way or the highway...have a nice day..

to the far left..we have you guys and your new forum
everyone agreeing beforehand that every engine is fine and dandy..here's the links..go enjoy yourselves
we might have elections or maybe not
who knows or who even cares..here are your links

and in the middle
STILL ..to this day...13+ years and counting.. the Premiere site on the net for CC
the industry watchdog..
Where lively debate is always welcome and indeed encouraged

I have no issue with your classifications. What is debatable is the fact that you have seemingly moved the commercial interests to point A, the linkers etc. to point B and have Talkchess as some point C.

I submit that all those classes reside right here.

Lively and open debate would have doused this fire ages ago too.

My opinion.

Later.