Drago assembly source

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

stegemma
Full name: Stefano Gemma

Drago assembly source

Post by stegemma »

If anybody could be interested, i've found the old Drago sources and i've let them available from my site:

http://www.linformatica.com

press on the link "Scacchi (chess)".

It was a 16 bit DOS program all written in 8086 assembly, both the engine and the graphical user interface. Could be usefull for students and maybe someone can find some idea for speed up chess engines.
stegemma

Re: Drago assembly source

Post by stegemma »

At the same link you can find my very first C program. It is a simple move generator but it can give some idea to somebody, so i put it available. The sources were written in 1990, while Drago was written in 1993. They are both derivated from my previous work on ZX81 and Commodore PLUS/4. Raffaela (year 1999/2000) is derivated from Drago and Freccia (2003-2009) from Raffaela. The move generator of Raffaela could be interesting, for some original part that i've invented, maybe i can make it available in the future or pass the sources to somebody who have the time to strenght and complete the program.

Now i'm working, in the spare time, to a new engine... completely based on genethical algorithms. I could give you more news at the end of this year... i hope.
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

Here is a version of the move generator that should compile with modern C compilers.
http://cap.connx.com/chess-engines/new- ... caccin.zip
stegemma

Post by stegemma »

Many thanks. Can i put your changes available for direct download on my website?
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

Of course.