Where could I get my engine tested

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

mathmoi

Where could I get my engine tested

Post by mathmoi »

Hi,

I just released my engine, MatMoi and I would really like it if it could get independent testing. I just registred it for WBEC-ridderkirk. Is there any other persons / group that could be interested in testing it. It's fairly "weak" engine that plays around 2250 on ICC. It run both on Windows and Linux.[/url]
swami

Re: Where could I get my engine tested

Post by swami »

mathmoi wrote:Hi,

I just released my engine, MatMoi and I would really like it if it could get independent testing. I just registred it for WBEC-ridderkirk. Is there any other persons / group that could be interested in testing it. It's fairly "weak" engine that plays around 2250 on ICC. It run both on Windows and Linux.[/url]
Carlos Pagador's Tournament
WBEC
UEL
Kirill's Tournament called KCEC
ChessWar
CCRL
CEGT
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Hi Mathieu,

could you please take a look at the CCRL 40/40 32-bit single-cpu list here and tell me some engines that you regard as being of similar strength?
http://computerchess.org.uk/ccrl/4040.l ... ons_only=1

Cheers,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
mathmoi

Post by mathmoi »

In my testing (with the 64 bits version) MatMoi is about 25-30 points weaker than Prophet and Monarch that are on the list. So I would expect the 32 bits version to be rated about 2100 on that list.

From testing of an little bit older version I can say that the current version should definitely score >50% against Heracles 0.6.16 and MicroMax.

Is this accurate enough or would you like me to do some test on my side and come back with a more accurate estimate of MatMoi's strenght?
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

mathmoi wrote:In my testing (with the 64 bits version) MatMoi is about 25-30 points weaker than Prophet and Monarch that are on the list. So I would expect the 32 bits version to be rated about 2100 on that list.

From testing of an little bit older version I can say that the current version should definitely score >50% against Heracles 0.6.16 and MicroMax.

Is this accurate enough or would you like me to do some test on my side and come back with a more accurate estimate of MatMoi's strenght?
Sounds good to me Mathieu. If MatMoi is stable, I'll include it in my Amateur Division 8.

Cheers,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair »

Hi Mathieu,

I will run a gauntlet with your engine: 4'3" time Control and XP 64.
mathmoi

Post by mathmoi »

Hi Adam,

Thanks a lot. This would be a valuable test since I don't have access to a 64 bits windows machine for testing. If you meet any problem, let me know here of by email at your convenience.
mathmoi

Post by mathmoi »

Hi Graham,

Thanks, it should be stable, I played thousands of games per month for testing and it never (not lately at least) failed me. If you get any problems I would certainly like to hear about them, but you wont :)

Thanks again,
Carlos777

Post by Carlos777 »

Hi Mathieu,

In my tournament, most of the participants are below 2000 ELO engines, although I have tested a few engines with a >2000 ELO. I am not sure if you are interested in blitz games, but I will include Matmoi in the next (and probably last) cycle of my tourney. After that I hope to run at least 2 tournaments, one with the top 20 engines and the other with the bottom 20 engines according to my rating list. So, maybe Matmoi can participate in the Top 20 too.

Regards,
Carlos
mathmoi

Post by mathmoi »

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for including MatMoi in your tournament, blitz is fine for me.