OliThink5 Java can be played in browser with self written GU

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

OliverBr
Full name: Dr. Oliver Brausch

OliThink5 Java can be played in browser with self written GU

Post by OliverBr »

Hello together,

I have written a own graphical interface for OliThink of about 100 lines and therefor OliThink5 Java can be played now online.

http://home.arcor.de/dreamlike/

This is a great display of the possibilites of java. If you ever tried to write such a graphical interface with other languages (especially C) you appreciate it even more.
The source for the GUI is so short, I could easily post it here.

Have fun.

Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: OliThink5 Java can be played in browser with self writte

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Great Oliver,thanks :D
Will play it when I go through these long night shifts at the hospital and has nothing to do which happens so rarely by the way :wink:
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
lmader

Post by lmader »

Thanks, it's nice!
"The foundation of morality is to have done, once for all, with lying; to give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibilities of knowledge." - T. H. Huxley
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Oliver - I'm still getting the "giveaway bug" with OliThink 5.2.1. Xpdnt used to have a similar bug for a long tine, but David finally managed to solve it. Not sure whether or not your having a word with him might help you identify it in OliThink or not, but it's certainly worth considering.

Cheers,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com