ChessGenius for the iPhone

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

mephisto

ChessGenius for the iPhone

Post by mephisto »

ChessGenius Web Site
October 22 2008 ChessGenius for iPhone / iPod touch is coming soon. More details will appear in the next few days.
http://chessgenius.com/
What's my next move? - to the fridge for another beer !!
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Re: ChessGenius for the iPhone

Post by mclane »

cool !

thats really good news.
eriq

Post by eriq »

Well this is the last straw, now there is no reason to carry around my palm anymore. I like hiarcs better but will win ,more games on Iphone w/ genius.

Yes, I like winning more than learning. :twisted:

I wish hiarcs would do the same I would buy both anyway. At one time I had hiarcs, chesstiger and genius on a palm 8-)
mclane

Post by mclane »

i still do have my palm (tungsten t3).

its much better then any windows OS machine.

i do also have the qtek9090 that is a PPC with 400 mhz and windows.

i do still think the palm machines are better.
kaissa

Post by kaissa »

I still like Palm OS but unfortunately it is dying. A technically good product, but badly managed businesswise. Palm should never lost Sony's dedication to them. They kept it closed source, and watch Symbian take over as smartphones began to replace PDAs.

It is time for Hiarcs and ChessTiger to move on to Symbian and Windows Mobile instead of making products for an OS that is losing market share by the day. OK, Hiarcs in Windows Mobile is Pocket Fritz 3, but Symbian still has a large base.

Just my 2 cents,
sorcerers_apprentice

Post by sorcerers_apprentice »

eriq wrote: At one time I had hiarcs, chesstiger and genius on a palm 8-)
Just add OpenChess and you'd have the current setup in my Tungsten E2 (ChessTiger 2009, of course) :oops: :D

Cheers
Oscar
mclane

Post by mclane »

IMO the palm machines are still superior.

when i see how my windows PPC works related with my palm,i would at any time use the palm instead of the PPC.

it seems the PPC is handicapped by the OS while in the palm the OS is helping you to do whatever you want.

i don't see why mobiles should replace mini computers.

when i want to play chess i don't want to be hurt and disturbed by micro-waves trying to telephone...

i would also not like that my dedicated chess computers could telephone with me :-)

so genius or other chess programs on the iphone... i doubt that i would by an iphone because of this. but there is this mp3 player touch .... if genius runs there too, this would be interesting IMO.
IF it is not emitting micro-waves.
sje

Post by sje »

Advanced phones like the iPhone have "airplane mode" that, when activated, remove all telephony functions and their corresponding electromagnetic emissions.

I have an iPod Touch instead of an iPhone as the relatively high cost of the iPhone plus contract is way too much for my calling usage profile.

Yes, my Palm units (IIIxe, Tungsten, TX) were all nice, but the hardware longevity was poor and the O/S development pace was lethargic.
swami

Post by swami »

Cool, How strong will it be?

Also, What's Glaurung's progress/news? especially in Ipod? Will Tord release it one day?
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

sje wrote:Advanced phones like the iPhone have "airplane mode" that, when activated, remove all telephony functions and their corresponding electromagnetic emissions.

I have an iPod Touch instead of an iPhone as the relatively high cost of the iPhone plus contract is way too much for my calling usage profile.

Yes, my Palm units (IIIxe, Tungsten, TX) were all nice, but the hardware longevity was poor and the O/S development pace was lethargic.
I dont think the phone has to be that advanced for it to have airplane mode. Unless you consider 15 dollars to be expensive.