Crafty command line question

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

mike860

Crafty command line question

Post by mike860 »

I usually play against Crafty using the command line with a portable chess set. While Crafty is pondering, I'd rather not see Crafty's thinking lines and evaluations. Is there any way to force Crafty to simply display its moves without showing all of its evaluation data?
pavel

Re: Crafty command line question

Post by pavel »

mike860 wrote:I usually play against Crafty using the command line with a portable chess set. While Crafty is pondering, I'd rather not see Crafty's thinking lines and evaluations. Is there any way to force Crafty to simply display its moves without showing all of its evaluation data?
One way you can do this is setting the noise level as high as possible.
A noise level setting of 5000000 will give you one minute of silence. in my computer, I could set a noise level of 2147483647, which should give you quite along time till it spits out pv or thinking lines. there might be better ways to achieve this, but not that I am aware of.

here is a screenshot.

bob

Post by bob »

mike860 wrote:I usually play against Crafty using the command line with a portable chess set. While Crafty is pondering, I'd rather not see Crafty's thinking lines and evaluations. Is there any way to force Crafty to simply display its moves without showing all of its evaluation data?
Yes. Look at the "display" command

This will get rid of the info you don't want:

disp nochanges
disp novariation
disp nomoves

That will still display statistics, etc, but no scores or variations. For any "display" option you can add "no" to the front of the thing and turn that off.
beachknight

Post by beachknight »

still pondering with noise setting. see picture.

Have you tried writing ponder off in command-line?

Best,
hi, merhaba, hallo HT
beachknight

Post by beachknight »

Ooops.

You should note Bob's reply .

Best,
hi, merhaba, hallo HT