Beware the "F" Connection

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

geots

Re: The great revelation !

Post by geots »

Sylwy wrote:
geots wrote:Has anyone realized that Rybka was named such, because it means "little fish". Now fish starts with an f, as does Fruit. Sound a little suspicious. There is more evidence. Have you stopped to realize that Fruit came after Fritz. Do you really think it is just a coincidence that they both also start with the letter f . Wait... there is more. Surprise- Fritz came after Bobby Fischer. there is that damn f Do you suppose Fritz stole all his ideas from Fischer?!? All left to do now is figure out why there is no f in DrunkenMaster and i will have all the pieces to this puzzle.

Pressing forward regards,

Hi George !

The great surprise:
Fischer comes after Frankenstein ...........
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards,
Sylwy

Oh shit, Ruxy. I forgot about Frankenstein. Thanks for reminding me. Now i will have to revamp some of my alphabet code. Stay tuned. I will get it sorted out. :shock:

Much appreciated
Last edited by geots on Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tony Thomas

Re: Beware the "F" Connection

Post by Tony Thomas »

geots wrote:
Tony Thomas wrote:I am willing to bet that Naum is a clone of Rybka. Look at the progress, it used to be a top ten free engine, now it is the third strongest commercial on 4 CPU. :lol: :lol:

Bitboard or baseboard? :lol:

-Confusion reigns
From what I have heard from secret services, it is actually a bitboard engine. In order to hide the fact that it is a bitbord engine, he compiled a suboptimal 64 bit version. :wink:
geots

Post by geots »

Tony Thomas wrote:
geots wrote:
Tony Thomas wrote:I am willing to bet that Naum is a clone of Rybka. Look at the progress, it used to be a top ten free engine, now it is the third strongest commercial on 4 CPU. :lol: :lol:

-Confusion reigns
From what I have heard from secret services, it is actually a bitboard engine. In order to hide the fact that it is a bitbord engine, he compiled a suboptimal 64 bit version. :wink:
Wonder how much Yuri helped him? :lol:
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

geots wrote:
Tony Thomas wrote:
geots wrote:

-Confusion reigns
Wonder how much Yuri helped him? :lol:
Yuri didnt help him, he helped himself by reverse engineering the latest Rybka code. I also heard that he is currently disassembling the Zappa code to improve the parallel efficiency of his program.

Great program alex..

happy customer

Lestat de Lioncourt. :wink:
Christopher Conkie

Post by Christopher Conkie »

geots wrote:
Sylwy wrote:
geots wrote:Has anyone realized that Rybka was named such, because it means "little fish". Now fish starts with an f, as does Fruit. Sound a little suspicious. There is more evidence. Have you stopped to realize that Fruit came after Fritz. Do you really think it is just a coincidence that they both also start with the letter f . Wait... there is more. Surprise- Fritz came after Bobby Fischer. there is that damn f Do you suppose Fritz stole all his ideas from Fischer?!? All left to do now is figure out why there is no f in DrunkenMaster and i will have all the pieces to this puzzle.

Hi George !

The great surprise:

Regards,
Sylwy

Oh shit, Ruxy. I forgot about Frankenstein. Thanks for reminding me. Now i will have to revamp some of my alphabet code. Stay tuned. I will get it sorted out. :shock:

Much appreciated
I have not started a Strelka thread yet. Perhaps I should to cheer you up......

Stupid really does come after Strelka alphabetically speaking of course.

Christopher
geots

Post by geots »

Christopher Conkie wrote:
geots wrote:
Sylwy wrote:

Hi George !

The great surprise:

Regards,
Sylwy

Much appreciated

Christopher

Not very nice of you to be implying that Ruxy is stupid. :lol: Relax-,i got your drift. You have now caused me more frustration as i will have tocompetely disassemble and reassemble s code. Oh well. let me have at it. Have a good day.
geots

Post by geots »

geots wrote:
Sylwy wrote:

Hi George !

The great surprise:

Regards,
Sylwy

Much appreciated

Christopher

Another Strelka thread! Please dont be kidding. Im so excited i'm not sure i can wait. :D
Christopher Conkie

geots wrote: Not very nice of you to be implying that Ruxy is stupid. :lol: Relax-,i got your drift. You have now caused me more frustration as i will have tocompetely disassemble and reassemble s code. Oh well. let me have at it. Have a good day.
No need......

Fruit

Rybka

Strelka

Hope this helps.

Christopher
Christopher Conkie

geots wrote: Another Strelka thread! Please dont be kidding. Im so excited i'm not sure i can wait. :D
Of course you can....

:wink:

Christopher
geots

Post by geots »

geots wrote: Another Strelka thread! Please dont be kidding. Im so excited i'm not sure i can wait. :D
Of course you can....

:wink:

Christopher

Chris, i really like you. No cynicism here. Im trying to figure out what that says about me. :)