Congratulations to Anthony !

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ryan Benitez

Re: Congratulations to Anthony !

Post by Ryan Benitez »

S.Taylor wrote:
Ryan Benitez wrote:Yes, great job to Anthony and Erdo! I personally hope there is not a rematch any time soon. I think Rybka should have to beat other engines under the same conditions to prove it is worthy of a rematch with Zappa.
You're joking!
Rybka has more than proved itself vs everything else incl. conditions.

Yes, and I will take this oppurtunity to congratulate both. And especialy Anthony, for having reached such a level for the first time in history.
For Anthony, this must feel very rewarding indeed. However, I eagerly await Rybka coming out with something even stronger, and Zappa following suit.
Yes, that's healthy competition, but it still puts me in a quandary ifI want to use only one engine and to stay with it. Question will again be,which one!?
However, they are both probably good enough already. Either of them will probably almost never lose a game to Shredder 7.04, which used to be well on top for a long time. So we have already broken the ice quite well.

er...... ah, so what do we have? Isn't it only Rybka at the momment?
It is blind to think that there are not other programs just as worthy of a match against Zappa next. For example Chess-64 plays at about the same level on 1cpu as Fruit 2.3 with ML settings and scales on my 8cpu Xeon 5365 just as well as Zappa does. I don't pretend in my mind for a moment that other teams such and Hiarcs, Junior, Fritz, and who knows who else have not made at least as much progress. Anyway I hope that the Zappa team takes some time to enjoy its victory before its next challenge. I would most enjoy a Zappa/Junior matchup.
Vinvin
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Post by Vinvin »

Ryan Benitez wrote:...
It is blind to think that there are not other programs just as worthy of a match against Zappa next. For example Chess-64 plays at about the same level on 1cpu as Fruit 2.3 with ML settings and scales on my 8cpu Xeon 5365 just as well as Zappa does.
Hello Ryan,
are you involve as programmer in the Chess-64 chess engine project ?

(btw: I don't like the Chess-64 as engine name :) )
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Vinvin wrote: (btw: I don't like the Chess-64 as engine name :) )
I don't either, but it won't stop me from getting it! :wink:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Ryan Benitez

Post by Ryan Benitez »

Vinvin wrote:
Ryan Benitez wrote:...
It is blind to think that there are not other programs just as worthy of a match against Zappa next. For example Chess-64 plays at about the same level on 1cpu as Fruit 2.3 with ML settings and scales on my 8cpu Xeon 5365 just as well as Zappa does.
Hello Ryan,
are you involve as programmer in the Chess-64 chess engine project ?

(btw: I don't like the Chess-64 as engine name :) )
My involvement started at a very late stage after Chess-64 was already a fully functional SMP chess engine that plays about the same level as Fruit 2.2 on 1 cpu. I have brought gain to the Chess64 project but it should be clear that if Fabian had the time, desire, and a little communication with someone to can analyze the games played such as a book builder he would easily match and exceed the progress I have made. I think with us both having different skills we make a great team and the project is a lot of fun.
swami

Post by swami »

Congrats to Anthony and Erdo :)
VP

Post by VP »

Congratulations!
A really awesome performance!!
Best Regards,

Varun

-What most people need to learn in life is how to love people and use things instead of using people and loving things.
Father
Full name: Pablo Ignacio Restrepo

Post by Father »

Anthony, Erdo, all Zappa Team. "Congratullations". :D :D
In the other way. "Congratullations to Vasik and all Rybka Team."
Rybka, the machine, that put the diference.

"Before and After Rybka" This is the new line, of chess machines develoment.

With best respect,

Pablo Restrepo
I am thinking chess is in a coin.Human beings for ever playing in one face.Now I am playing in the other face:"Antichess". Computers are as a fortres where owner forgot to close a little door behind. You must enter across this door.Forget the front.
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

Yes congrats to Anthony and Erdo for their nice win. Zappa has exposed some glaring faults in Rybka and hopeful Vas will be able to patch up those holes and make Rybka stronger. It would be interesteing to see if CCRL and CEGT will test on 8 cores. I personally think that Rybka is about 50 ELO stronger even though the difference on 4 cores is much higher. Zappa seems to gain strength on big hardware much better than Rybka.