Java Chess

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Bill Rogers

Java Chess

Post by Bill Rogers »

A year or so ago I think I examined the source code for a chess program that was written in Jave. If I remember correctly it was easier to read than "C". Being as I don't program in either one but Java looks like the easiest I would appreciate if someone could point me to a simple but comple soure code once again. Did a small web search but could not find anything that looked promising.
Thanks
Bill
Tony Thomas

Re: Java Chess

Post by Tony Thomas »

Bill Rogers wrote:A year or so ago I think I examined the source code for a chess program that was written in Jave. If I remember correctly it was easier to read than "C". Being as I don't program in either one but Java looks like the easiest I would appreciate if someone could point me to a simple but comple soure code once again. Did a small web search but could not find anything that looked promising.
Thanks
Bill
Bill, you would probably get more replies at programmers forum. I am not a programmer, but have you taken a look at the program by Jonathan Peterson (I hope I spelt it right :lol: ).
Vempele

Post by Vempele »

Bill Rogers wrote:A year or so ago I think I examined the source code for a chess program that was written in Jave. If I remember correctly it was easier to read than "C". Being as I don't program in either one but Java looks like the easiest I would appreciate if someone could point me to a simple but comple soure code once again. Did a small web search but could not find anything that looked promising.
Thanks
Bill
There's already a thread about Java engines on the programming forum.
Tony Thomas wrote:Bill, you would probably get more replies at programmers forum. I am not a programmer, but have you taken a look at the program by Jonathan Peterson (I hope I spelt it right :lol: ).
Jonatan Pettersson, so that's only 3 spelling errors :) Here's his blog.
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Vempele wrote:
Thanks
Bill
There's already a thread about Java engines on the programming forum.
Tony Thomas wrote:Bill, you would probably get more replies at programmers forum. I am not a programmer, but have you taken a look at the program by Jonathan Peterson (I hope I spelt it right :lol: ).
Jonatan Pettersson, so that's only 3 spelling errors :) Here's his blog.
I guess I could have looked up his name at WBEC, as long as you know who I am talking about it doesnt matter, right?