TCEC Season 10 announced

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Uri Blass

Re: TCEC Season 10 announced

Post by Uri Blass »

Henk wrote:Anything wrong with Graham Banks tournaments? Or how much do they pay us for watching the games.

Only interesting perhaps if your own engine is playing.

We want more ELO and more (boring) draws. Computer chess is (almost) dead.
Why more(boring) draws?

Start the games without white knight b1 and you will have many(boring) wins for black.

seriously you can start the games from positions when one side has a clear advantage but it is not clear if it is a draw or a win so you will have 50% draws and 50% wins for the stronger side.
Laskos
Full name: Kai Laskos

Post by Laskos »

Uri Blass wrote:
Henk wrote:Anything wrong with Graham Banks tournaments? Or how much do they pay us for watching the games.

Only interesting perhaps if your own engine is playing.

We want more ELO and more (boring) draws. Computer chess is (almost) dead.
Why more(boring) draws?

Start the games without white knight b1 and you will have many(boring) wins for black.

seriously you can start the games from positions when one side has a clear advantage but it is not clear if it is a draw or a win so you will have 50% draws and 50% wins for the stronger side.
Thats's not entirely correct. There is a theory of unbalanced openings, and the 50% wins come both with paired side-reversed wins (due to unbalanced openings), and wins for stronger side (increased sensitivity). One has to use pentanomial in these cases.
Houdini

Post by Houdini »

Thomas Lagershausen wrote:Last TCEC was very interesting because of the participation of the new Houdini.

I hope we will see again a new Houdini in the tournament.
Thank you for your support.
Houdini 6 will be released next month, maybe just in time for the TCEC tournament (I don't know when TCEC Season 10 starts, I have no more information than you).

Cheers,
Robert
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

Houdini wrote:
Thomas Lagershausen wrote:Last TCEC was very interesting because of the participation of the new Houdini.

Houdini 6 will be released next month, maybe just in time for the TCEC tournament (I don't know when TCEC Season 10 starts, I have no more information than you).

Cheers,
Robert
Well done Robert!!!
Nordlandia

Post by Nordlandia »

Hello Robert.

You're probably aware that occasionally H5 crashes when probing nalimov format. Hope this can be fixed.

I find DTM format very useful for endgame studies.
Nay Lin Tun

Post by Nay Lin Tun »

Wow!!!It is really exciting and waiting whether Houdini 6 can revenge in TCEC final again. :D :D :) :lol: :shock:
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

Houdini wrote:

Cheers,
Robert
OMG, thats is very very great news ! Knowing you, I m sure we can bet on a good elo jump ! Komodo might be in bad shape here !
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

Do you think Houdini will be favorite this time ? Last regression test of Stockfish indicate +27 elo, might be a little more now.
tmokonen
Full name: Tony Mokonen

Post by tmokonen »

I see the latest green patch in the Stockfish testing queue says:

Fix regression introduced by "Thread code reformat".

http://tests.stockfishchess.org/tests/v ... 16ff64a6cc

Hopefully this cures the regression.
Lyudmil Tsvetkov

Post by Lyudmil Tsvetkov »

JJJ wrote:
Houdini wrote:

Cheers,
Robert
OMG, thats is very very great news ! Knowing you, I m sure we can bet on a good elo jump ! Komodo might be in bad shape here !
or, he might just publish with 20 elo increase, the way he did between H 1.5 and H2.

more probably, it will be around standard this time, maybe a bit lower.

do you believe in the 150 elo tale?