I found the 10x8 Gothic Chess Endgame Generator

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ed Trice

Re: I found the 10x8 Gothic Chess Endgame Generator

Post by Ed Trice »

Ferdy wrote:Are you still working with the Gothic Vortex? Any tournament planned?
I can't figure out which of my computers has the source code. I will have to look through dozens of drives to determine which one it is. I would like to have a tournament, but currently Vortex is in an indeterminant state. I was adjusting the King Safety code back in 2008, then when Bobby Fischer died, I lost interest for a very long while.

I would like to see a tournament, but Vortex cannot communicate with engine referees, and it has no time management code for increments, nor any "countdown" time controls.
Ferdy

Re: I found the 10x8 Gothic Chess Endgame Generator

Post by Ferdy »

Ed Trice wrote:
Ferdy wrote:Are you still working with the Gothic Vortex? Any tournament planned?
I can't figure out which of my computers has the source code. I will have to look through dozens of drives to determine which one it is. I would like to have a tournament, but currently Vortex is in an indeterminant state. I was adjusting the King Safety code back in 2008, then when Bobby Fischer died, I lost interest for a very long while.

I would like to see a tournament, but Vortex cannot communicate with engine referees, and it has no time management code for increments, nor any "countdown" time controls.
I hope you will be able to find that code, there are still a lot of room to improve on this board size.