New engine from Russia

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Rubinus
Full name: Pavel Háse

Re: Logo for Strelka

Post by Rubinus »

Strelka use Perfect10.abk, Ruffian own bok version 1.0.1.
Tony Thomas

Re: New engine from Russia

Post by Tony Thomas »

Uri Blass wrote:
Tony Thomas wrote:I have my doubts about this engine, and I am not going to test it until everyone thinks its an OK engine. One is the naming, second is the size of the exe, third is no underpromotion, then the guy says he used cryptic coding. Who knows that he didnt just reverse engineer an engine?
I also have my doubts so I decided to compare the size of the exe with rybkabeta.
I find that this engine has size of 1.35 mbytes when rybka beta has size of 2.39 mbytes.

I am not expert so I do not know if it is possible to reduce the size of an engine by cloning.
Ryan Benitez from Fruit reverse engineered rybka and after removing the junk he compiled it and claimed that it was slightly more than 1 MB.
Vempele

Post by Vempele »

Tony Thomas wrote:Ryan Benitez from Fruit reverse engineered rybka and after removing the junk he compiled it and claimed that it was slightly more than 1 MB.
No need to manually remove anything; apparently you can just pack Rybka 2.3 into 256 KB and still use it.
Tony Thomas

Post by Tony Thomas »

Vempele wrote:
Tony Thomas wrote:Ryan Benitez from Fruit reverse engineered rybka and after removing the junk he compiled it and claimed that it was slightly more than 1 MB.
No need to manually remove anything; apparently you can just pack Rybka 2.3 into 256 KB and still use it.
Thanks for the link.
Edward German

Re: My Tests with Strelka

Post by Edward German »

Uri Blass wrote:My opinion is that the relative advantage of rybka beta is the evaluation.

Rybka beta like fruit and toga does too many extensions(it seems to extend every check and every single reply by a full ply) so I cannot believe that the relative advantage of it relative to programs like shredder is the search.

Uri
My Test with Strelka 1.0 Beta You can find in Rybka Forum, "Deutschsprachiger bereich" (from Eduard), or in Arena Forum, or in Schachwerkstatt this thread here (and all posts in the same thread):

http://f50.parsimony.net/forum202220/messages/23616.htm

I posts 6 Diagrams and many analyses to "Strelka --> Rybka". 8-)

See self everybody! :!: